Manager of Infection Prevention
Employment Type: Full-Time
Dignity Health Woodland Memorial Hospital is Yolo County's largest health care provider, serving the community since 1905. Woodland Memorial Hospital is a 108-bed acute care facility offering the most comprehensive range of health care services in Yolo County, including inpatient and outpatient surgical services, family birth center/labor and delivery, emergency services, sleep disorders center and cancer care services. Woodland Memorial Hospital is part of Dignity Health. Dignity Health is a 21-state network of nearly 11,000 physicians, 56,000 employees, and more than 300 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging centers, home health, and primary care clinics. For more information, please visit our web site at www.dignityhealth.org/woodland.
Position Summary: Coordinates all infection prevention related activities associated with surveillance, performance improvement , and education which are intended to ensure that the facility's patients, personnel & visitors will be protected from transmission of diseases & infection within the facility's environment as identified in the core competency model by the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC). Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
* Responsible for oversight of daily operations of the Infection Prevention Department and Employee Health in regard to the facility compliance with Hospital Accreditation Standards, State and CMS regulations.
* Ongoing assessment and development of programs, policies & procedures and forms to address the Infection Prevention needs of employees, volunteers, contract workers, independent contractors, physicians, registry workers and students in accordance with the guidelines established by the regulatory agencies.
* Works in collaboration with Hospital Administration to develop and manage an Infection Prevention Program that incorporates essential facility strategic plan elements that align with the goals, objectives, and risk assessments of the Infection Prevention Program. Provides expert consultation and education, as needed, and as related to Infection Prevention.
* Develops and operationalizes the Infection Prevention Program's annual risk assessment, annual plans, and annual evaluations. Identifies and implements updates to the Infection Prevention Program when new regulations and /or Professional guidelines are published.
* Minimum of three (3) years clinical experience in Nursing, Microbiology, Biology, or Public Health, and two (2) years of experience as an Infection Preventionist in an acute care facility.
* Bachelor's degree in Science (Microbiology, Biology, Nursing, Public Health).
* An active license in state of practice is required for a Registered Nurse or Clinical Lab Scientist.
* Certification in Infection Prevention and Control by the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology (CBIC) to be obtained during the first two (2) years of hire.