Instrument Tech II
Employment Type: Full-Time
St. John's Regional Medical Center, located in Oxnard, California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St. John's Regional is a part of Dignity Health's Southern California Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality, safety, and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more at www.dignityhealth.org/StJohnsRegional.
In keeping with the Dignity Health core values, supports and promotes the provision of quality patient care by cleaning, processing and sterilization of instruments and surgical trays. SPD was established to centralize the decontamination, sterilization, assembly, distribution and control of sterile items, non-sterile items and equipment used in all areas of the hospital. By centralizing these activities, it is possible to provide more effective and efficient service. The overall objective of SPD is to have the right item, at the right place, at the right time, in the right condition.
* High School education or equivalent.
* Holds a current certification from one of the following organizations: 1) Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution Inc. 2) International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material.
* To read, write and follow written and oral instruction.
* To communicate effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
* To acquire and practice thorough knowledge of the principles of aseptic technique when carrying out various functions in the Sterile Processing Department.
* To participate in on-going inservices training and on the job training.
* To follow exact procedures for every assignment.
* To perform arithmetic computations in determining the amount of supplies needed, issued and returned.
* To work independently without close supervision.
* Friendly, courteous, cooperative, team oriented, proactive attitude, problem solving skills and detailed accuracy are required.
* Six to twelve months of related experience desired.