Employment Type: Full-Time
Dignity Health, one of the nation's largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unpaid cost of government programs. For more information, please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Position Summary: The Accounting Tech is responsible for reconciling, analyzing, and creating journal entries and reconciliations for the general ledger accounts of various Dignity Health hospitals and related facilities. Mission: Dignity Health and Sponsoring congregations are committed to furthering the healing ministry of Jesus. Resources are dedicated to: delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health services; serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised; and collaborating with others in the community to improve the quality of life. Accountabilities:
* Accumulates information to prepare accurate and timely journal entries for the general ledger monthly close in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Dignity Health's processes and procedures;
* Prepares monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and account analysis that requires a basic knowledge of accounting;
* Generates financial reports that require intermediate to advanced computer skills;
* Works with department supervisors, managers, directors, administrative, and other staff to identify issues and works with supervisor to recommend solutions to the issues that arise. Approved solutions are implemented and monitored by the incumbent on an ongoing basis;
* Gathers, compiles, and reports financial information for various reporting purposes, both internal and external. In addition, this position may be required to maintain various sub-ledgers or other accounting systems such as accounts receivable;
* Major challenges to this position are working with the supervisor to identify and resolve problems that arise by understanding the way business is done and opportunities for improving the efficiency of the general ledger department or the department under review;
* The Accounting Tech is expected to function effectively within a team and participate constructively to produce results in a cooperative way;
* Authority to post routine journal entries as directed, prioritize assigned work load to most efficiently meet deadlines, and work with supervisor to evaluate best practices for analytical review.
* Continually seeks to make suggestions, offer solutions and act upon both internal and external customer needs, concerns and priorities.
* At least one plus years of direct accounting experience
* AA Degree in Business with emphasis in Accounting or Finance; equivalent professional experience may be substituted for the AA Degree
* Basic Accounting knowledge
* Analytical and review skills
* Ability to work with and encourage others
* Knowledgeable in personal computer applications, including spreadsheet (intermediate to advanced Excel preferred) and general ledger processing software (e.g. Lawson, SAP, etc.)
* Occasionally may need to travel to supported facilities - Travel would be during normal work hours
* Three to Five years of direct accounting experience
* Healthcare or hospital experience is strongly preferred
* Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred#06022021