FSP Therapist I
Employment Type: Full-Time
Therapist I (Unlicensed)
Make a Difference in People's Lives While Expanding Your Knowledge and Skills
Diverse Role ● Excellent Training ● Career Options ● Great Culture
Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services has been a leading provider of community mental health and substance use services since 1942. With a history stretching back to the Great Depression, Didi Hirsch has established a strong reputation in the communities we serve. We help more than 90,000 children and adults each year from ten locations and 100 schools throughout Los Angeles and Orange County. We are committed to excellence, diversity and opportunity. We are dedicated and enthusiastic individuals who make a difference in the lives of the clients we serve. We offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package.
Top Three Reasons to bring your career to Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services:
* This is a diverse role, allowing you to expand your skills.
* This is a great opportunity to start building a rewarding career with a leader in community mental health services.
* You will find a strong family-like culture here; people enjoy working together to help some of the most vulnerable members of our communities improve the quality of their lives.
* Provides intake assessment, crisis intervention, short-term therapy and facilitates conflict resolution in office or field to children, adults, and families with a history of mental illness and/or co-occurring disorders.
* Independently performs intake assessments and formulates diagnoses and case conceptualization using a culturally competent approach.
* Demonstrates a collaborative approach within a multidisciplinary team and external systems; interfaces and collaborates with clinic psychiatrist regarding assessment and intake.
* Demonstrates ability to utilize a whole person/integrated care approach in assessment, treatment planning and intervention.
* Demonstrates competency in managing crises with minimal guidance.
* Assesses treatment progress and adapts interventions as needed.
* Uses collaborative documentation during therapy sessions in accordance with Agency standards.
* Uses evidence based practice (EBP) to formulate an initial plan of treatment; assesses and monitors condition of client to evaluate treatment and adapts interventions as needed.
* Assists with client evaluations, clinical diagnoses and case disposition.
* Incorporates new technologies into treatment, including outcome measurements, to improve access, client engagement and effectiveness.
* Assists with psychiatric holds for clients presenting a danger to themselves or others and/or are gravely disabled, and in need of hospitalization.
* Provides some case management to include referral and linkages to internal and community support services, such as psychiatrists, primary medical care, housing, rehabilitation programs, drug/alcohol services and social activity groups.
* Monitors and maintains documentation of client services; ensures compliance with Agency, county, state and federal policies and procedures, standards and guidelines.
* Will carry a caseload of clients and meet Agency client service expectations as assigned.
* May be asked to provide after hours on call coverage and/or Officer of the Day duties.
* Attends and participates in Agency and program/team meetings, individual/group supervision, and related community Agency meetings as required/requested.
* Maintains regular communication with supervisors and responds to emails/voicemails in a timely manner.
* Demonstrates time management and organizational skills to meet Agency standards.
* Develops and maintains clinical skills through seminars, workshops, or other forms of continuing education/training related to individuals with a history of mental illness and/or substance use disorder.
These specifications are general guidelines based upon the minimum, ordinarily considered essential, to satisfactory performance in this position. Individual skills and abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
To perform effectively in this position, the employee in this position is required to have:
* Current knowledge of all job specific skills including crisis intervention and individual/family therapy, multicultural and socio-economic issues, and documentation standards.
* Working knowledge of therapeutic intervention, assessment and intake for adults, children and families with a history of mental illness and/or substance use.
* Depending on program/division, demonstrates working knowledge of Evidence Based Practices, Co-Occurring Disorders and/or the Recovery Model of treatment is required.
* Knowledge of Agency policies and procedures, HIPAA, policies and documentation guidelines, and county, state and federal regulations relating to service programs for adults, children, and families with a history of mental illness and/or substance use.
* Knowledgeable about and actively supports integrated mental health, physical health and substance use treatment for improving care for the whole person.
* Advocacy skills to include a holistic approach to integrated health care and case management.
* Skills to present ideas, information, and viewpoints clearly, both verbally and in writing.
* Able to efficiently use the personal computer to include Microsoft Office Suite and Electronic Health Record.
* Ability to utilize analysis, experience, and judgment to make effective business and therapeutic decisions.
* Demonstrate commitment to team objectives and Didi Hirsch mission.
* Adapt to changing needs by acquiring new skills and knowledge.
* Ability to transport clients using personal or Agency vehicle and/or public transportation.
* Current California driver's license, car insurance, and a driving record acceptable to the Agency's insurance carrier.
* Holds a degree as an MSW, MFT, PCC, Psy.D, PhD, and one to two years experience working with individuals and families with a history of mental illness and/or substance use in a social service/mental health environment.
* Must be registered with BBS or Board of Psychology. (Unlicensed Psychologists must have a DMH Waiver.)
HIPAA Privacy Standards Compliance
(All items listed below are a condition of continued employment):
The employee in this position will:
* Not use or disclose protected health information about any member or other party in compliance with Didi Hirsch's policies related to state or federal laws such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
* Use appropriate safeguards to protect the confidentiality of such information.
* Report to Didi Hirsch management any use or disclosure of protected health information not permitted by Didi Hirsch policies related to state or federal laws such as HIPAA.
* Participate in Didi Hirsch's training or briefings on HIPAA information as scheduled.
* Consult with supervisor on any issues or questions about compliance under Didi Hirsch's policies related to state or federal laws such as HIPAA.