Crisis Counselor - B/L Spanish
Employment Type: Part-Time
Crisis Counselor B/L-Spanish
Make a Difference in People's Lives While Expanding Your Knowledge and Skills
Diverse Role ● Excellent Training ● Career Options ● Great Culture
Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services has been a leading provider of community mental health and substance use services since 1942. With a history stretching back to the Great Depression, Didi Hirsch has established a strong reputation in the communities we serve. We help more than 90,000 children and adults each year from ten locations and 100 schools throughout Los Angeles and Orange County. We are committed to excellence, diversity and opportunity. We are dedicated and enthusiastic individuals who make a difference in the lives of the clients we serve. We offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package.
Top three reasons to bring your career to Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services:
* This is a diverse role, allowing you to expand your skills.
* This is a great opportunity to start building a rewarding career with a leader in community mental health services.
* You will find a strong family-like culture here; people enjoy working together to help some of the most vulnerable members of our communities improve the quality of their lives.
Responsible for providing telephone assistance to individuals in crisis.
* Offering crisis counseling services via telephone and chat.
* Working alongside the shift supervisors to answer, manage and conduct lethality assessments of crisis calls.
* Serving as a mandated reporter in cases of suspected abuse.
* Maintaining accurate and detailed call reports.
* Fulfilling continuing education requirements as requested or required for the agency and the Suicide Prevention Center program.
* Assisting in the training process of new counselors and volunteers.
* Participating in community outreach events such as resources tables and presentation about suicide prevention.
* Attending routinely scheduled meetings as requested or required for the Suicide Prevention center.
Crisis Line Counselors provide telephone assistance to Spanish speaking individuals in crisis. $3.00 hourly additionally will be paid for shifts worked overnight. Candidates must be bilingual (English/Spanish) and have completed the SPC Crisis Hotline Training in order to be considered for this part-time position.
Hours/ Shifts Needed
This position is 24 hours per week with the following schedule:
Friday - 4:30 pm - 12:30 am
Saturday - 4:30 pm - 12:30 am
Sunday - 4:30 pm - 12:30 am
You must be able to successfully pass our pre-employment screening, including a background check and live scan fingerprinting. For bilingual positions, you will need to pass a language assessment. You will also need to meet the following requirements for this role:
* Bilingual in English and Spanish.
* Possess a high school Diploma or equivalent.
* Must be 21 years of age or older.
* Have open availability to work within a 24/7 program, including weekends and holidays.
* Have successfully completed the Suicide Prevention training program.
* Must have completed ASSIST training.
* Have knowledge of all job specific skills including lethality assessment, data collection, and call triage.
* Possess strong interpersonal skills and can positively interact with others over the phone and in person.
* Have working knowledge of using a personal computer including word processing and crisis line related software.
HIPAA Privacy Standards Compliance
All items listed below are a condition of continued employment. The employee in this position will:
* Not use or disclose protected health information about any client or other party in compliance with Didi Hirsch's policies related to state or federal laws such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
* Use appropriate safeguards to protect the confidentiality of such information.
* Report to management any use or disclosure of protected health information not permitted by Agency policies related to state or federal laws such as HIPAA.
* Participate in training or briefings on HIPAA information as scheduled.
* Consult with supervisor on any issues or questions about compliance under Didi Hirsch's policies related to state or federal laws such as HIPAA.