Dialysis Registered Dietitian
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Registered Dietitian assesses, monitors, and educates dialysis patients about nutritional needs, then monitors and evaluates interventions.
* Completes a nutrition assessment within 30 calendar days following the patient's first dialysis session in the facility or within the first 13 hemodialysis sessions.
* Develops and implements the patient's individualized, comprehensive care plan based on needs identified from the assessment.
* Identifies specific interventions to meet nutritional needs based on evidence-based guidelines, best practice and current research.
* Evaluates the current and typical diet and recommends a nutrition prescription/diet order. Recommends adjustments as needed utilizing diet preferences and assessment information.
* Educates the patient and family/caregiver about the role of diet and fluid management with kidney disease.
* Monitors laboratory results in comparison with goals and planned interventions. Reviews with the patient and makes recommendations to the patient and IDT, including the physician.
* Documents on the care plan at least monthly, charting progress toward action steps.
* Utilizes a patient-centered care approach, being respectful of and responsive to patient needs while encouraging patient engagement.
* Compiles and develops educational materials to be used as teaching aids in diet and nutrition education of patients.
* Must be a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
* Minimum of one year's professional work experience in clinical nutrition is required.
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at Accommodations@dciinc.org or 615-327-3061. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see: