Paralegal - IP
Employment Type: Full-Time
Dexcom, Inc. empowers people to take control of diabetes through innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management around the world.
Looking for an energetic, driven and experienced IP paralegal to join Dexcom's IP Department reporting to the Legal Operations Manager. The right candidate enjoys learning and working hard in a collaborative environment while enjoying a positive work/life balance. Dexcom is a rapidly growing company with an equally rapidly growing IP department. We are looking for a paralegal who can manage our current day to day prosecution matters, willing to take initiative and work closely with the operations team with positivity and enthusiasm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Support all stages of the patent lifecycle, including prosecution, docketing, maintenance, defense, litigation, and other corporate matters as they relate to IP
* Understand both U.S. and foreign patent prosecution, including US, PCT and International procedures, docketing, information disclosure statements, etc.
* Communicate with outside counsel, foreign associates, attorneys and internal staff members
* Docketing/docket reports: comfortable working in and maintaining aspects of the IAM system including timely docketing/de-docketing of actionable dates when applicable
* Support document management efforts
* Assist annuities management
* Support Ebilling processes
* Assisting Attorneys with special requests/projects
* Formal document management: obtaining signatures for patent documents (i.e. declarations, assignments)
* Coordinate and schedule meetings
* Support operations team with various tasks as assigned
* Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2-5 years of related experience or comparable work experience
* Have a thorough understanding of docketing processes, workflows, and US and international prosecution procedures
* Strong ability to prioritize, monitor, meet deadlines, and manage projects in a fast-paced environment to ensure matters are timely handled
* Ability to be adaptable and maintain a positive attitude
* Strong project management skills
* Solid communication skills to efficiently and effectively work with internal team and outside counsel to meet goals and objectives
* Ability to work independently and take ownership over matters while also seeking guidance from and working collaboratively with others
* Bachelor's degree (B. S.) with a Paralegal Certificate and/or significant relevant equivalent work experience
* Experience with IAM systems/E-billing (Anaqua experience a plus)
* Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
* General application of concepts and principles.
* Demonstrates project management skills and successful track record of completion.
* Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
* Receives general oversight and guidance on approaches to compete project related tasks.
* Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
* Develops solutions to a variety of problems.
* Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
* Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
* Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.