Growth Marketing Manager, Acquisition
Employment Type: Full-Time
We're hiring our first Growth Acquisitions Manager, who will define, build, and scale acquisition programs at Descript from the ground up. This person will partner with marketing and product teams to identify markets and customer segments to grow in a dynamically evolving landscape of content creators, spanning consumer to business acquisition channels.
What will you do?
* Develop acquisition strategies from the ground up to address company growth priorities, drive adoption of new products, and maximize return on investment
* Identify target customer segments across audio and video content creators and develop unique channel strategies to drive adoption across our breadth of product features
* Optimize pricing and subscription conversion surfaces to acquire paid subscribers
* Manage performance marketing budgets and partners across Google, Facebook, podcast ads, and other paid channels
* Drive marketing positioning insights through paid messaging & creative tests
* Spearhead design and experimentation for contextual sign up landing pages
* Identity and implement sign up & referral loops through user-generated UX and B2B team expansion
* Partner with product to launch GTM product adoption campaigns for new features and new market entry
* Create marketing attribution funnels from scratch to measure return on investment, customer value, retention, and other value metrics
* Experience managing performance marketing channels (4+ years)
* Knows the ins and outs of paid performance channels - understand how everything works across ad auctions, bidding, conversion tracking, creative testing, reporting etc., but can stay high level enough to strategize across fixed budgets
* Curious about the data - pull insights, apply them, and measure experiments
* Familiar with B2C and B2B acquisition strategies
* Familiar with experimental concepts and tools across topics such as a/b testing, lift measurement, forecasting, etc.
* Experience with Google Ads (search & YouTube) and Facebook
Descript is building the next generation of tools for communicating with video and audio. We are a team of 40 (planning to double in 2021) - with a proven CEO and the backing of some of the world's greatest investors (Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Spark Capital). Descript HQ is in San Francisco, and our AI research team, Lyrebird, is based in Montreal.
Descript is the special company that's in possession of both product market fit and the raw materials (passionate user community, great product, large market) for growth, but is still early enough that each new employee has a measurable influence on the direction of the company.
As a small startup, Descript relies on employees who thrive in an environment where they are regularly called upon to translate high level goals into day-to-day priorities, and are regularly presented with technical and business challenges that extend beyond their comfort zone.
Benefits include a generous healthcare package, catered lunches, and unlimited vacation time. We currently have offices in San Francisco and Montreal, and are open to folks working between PST and EST time zones. Whether you love WFH or can't wait to get back to being in person, we're interested in offering an environment that works for you.
Descript is an equal opportunity workplace-we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We believe in actively building a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions to better allow our employees, products, and community to thrive.