Employment Type: Full-Time
This is an open continuous announcement. We accept applications for these occupations on an ongoing basis; qualified applicants will be considered as vacancies become available.
Learn more about this agency
This announcement covers vacancies in multiple units/clinics within the Loma Linda VA Health Care System, to include:
Acute Inpatient Psychiatric Units; Outpatient Mental Health Division; Community Living Center Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation unit - (CLC); Home Based Primary Care (HBPC); Home Telehealth; Primary Care Clinic/Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT); Med/Surg - Oncology and Neurology; Telemetry/Step Down Unit; Post-Operative Care (PACU); Short Stay Unit (SSU); Emergency Department (ED); Operating Room (OR); Surgical Unit/Step Down Unit (SDU) Intermediate care unit; Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Units (CCU/MICU/SICU); Cardiology and Cath Lab; Gastroenterology or Endoscopy; Oncology/Infusion Clinic; Specialty Clinics and other Specialty Areas.
As a Staff Nurse you will provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill and injured veterans. Duties include documenting observations, assessments, and changes in patient's condition; collaborating with health team members to facilitate positive patient care outcomes; providing a full range of nursing care to patients with a variety of physical and/or behavior problems; and accountable for meeting and maintaining the qualification standards and functional statements of assigned grade. Our facility is seeking individuals who possess good organizational skills which enable completion of work, a demonstrated ability to assume leadership in a patient centered program, and the ability to establish effective communication with patients, families, visitors and members of the interdisciplinary team. Incumbent leads by example in defining a customer service culture to ensure that all customers are treated with respect and civility. Ensures that whenever possible works to cultivate partnerships with our customers in developing solutions to meet their needs.
For additional information, contact the Nurse Recruiters, Eileen Jarvina at (909) 583-6367 or Lisa Darden at (909) 583-6879.
Work Schedule: Full-time, part-time (part time hours range 8 to 72 per pay period),and intermittent/PRN. Assigned schedule corresponds to specific clinic (Some clinics require days, nights, weekends, rotating shifts and holidays).
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
* Job family (Series)
* Nurses, Psychiatric
* Psychiatric Nurses
Conditions of Employment
* You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
* Designated and/or random drug testing required
* Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
* You may be required to serve a probationary period
* Subject to a background/security investigation
* Must be proficient in written and spoken English
* Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
* Must pass pre-employment physical examination
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 03/31/2021.
* United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
* Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
* Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
* Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
* Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
* Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
* Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
* Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Heavy lifting (45 lbs and over); Heavy carrying (45 lbs and over); Straight pulling and pushing; reaching above shoulder; use of fingers; both hands required; walking and standing up to 8 hours; repeated bending; Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; hearing aid permitted.
All registered nurses with less than 12-months of RN experience upon entry on duty (EOD) date, will complete a 12-month nurse residency program. The RN Transition-to-Practice (RNTTP) Residency Program complies with VHA Directive 1077. See https://www.va.gov/NURSING/workforce/RNTTP.asp for details.
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.