Employment Type: Full-Time
Click on 'Learn more about this agency' button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE TAXPAYER ADVOCATE SERVICEDIVISION?A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
As a Sr. Program Analyst in TAS's Business Modernization division, you will be responsible for accomplishing analytical studies, leading and contributing to projects, and performing administrative duties relating to substantive, mission-oriented programs of the Internal Revenue Service. The studies or projects involve complex programs, information technology systems, or issues and have impact on multiple IRS locations and/or organizations. In this role you will coordinate the impact of the project with employees and managers in all affected areas within the Service and with individuals and organizations outside the Service. Specifically, you will use your analytical and technical skills to conduct in-depth analyses of project data, customer requirements, and solution impacts and you will identify and develop solutions.
What does a Sr Program Analyst do:
* Plan, perform, and/or coordinate technology programs and projects that impact all areas of the National Taxpayer Advocate Service.
* Represent the National Taxpayer Advocate, Deputy National Taxpayer Advocate and Director Business Modernization in contacts with IRS officials, representatives of other agencies and non-government organizations, and various committees and task forces as needed.
* Brief the Executive Director Business Modernization (EDBM) and other top-level management on the status of TAS programs, major studies, related information technology (IT) programs; highlighting sensitive and/or unusual problem areas and proposed solutions.
* Apply technical expertise to the preparation and/or review of written communications.
* Independently or as a leader of an ad hoc group, undertake special projects and analyze technical, operational, and administrative technology problems which exist or may arise in one or more offices or programs, identify possible solutions and make a recommendation.
* Advises the EDBM on data/information systems management.
* Evaluates the use of management information, ensures the systems' accuracy and reliability.
* Evaluates customer requests, ensuring resolution alternatives align with EDBM and TAS priorities and IRS security standards.
* Coordinates development of program measures and goals.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
* Job family (Series)
0343 Management And Program Analysis
* Analysts, Business Management
* Analysts, Management
* Analysts, Program
* Business Management Analysts
* Management Analysts
* Program Analysts
Conditions of Employment
Conditions of Employment:
* We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
* This is a non-bargaining unit position.
* Relocation Expenses: No
* We offer opportunities for telework.
* We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
* A 1-year probationary period is required.
* Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
* Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment at the time requested by the agency.
* If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
* Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
* Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment of all new hires in the U.S.
* Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
* Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
* Must meet IRS telework eligibility requirements.
* File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
* Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
* Must Obtain and maintain a moderate risk security clearance.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
BASIC REQUIREMENT :
GS-14 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience leading major project assignments applying a wide range of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques, both qualitative and quantitative, to accomplish complex projects or studies broad in scope and magnitude. Experience applying laws, policies, regulations, or other standards and precedents applicable to the program or operation affected by the assigned project or study; Experience applying management principles and processes to perform project management duties to effectively coordinate and integrate project objectives and recommendations with key line and/or staff functions; Experience communicating effectively both orally and in writing; Experience leading and conducting data analysis involving complex datasets or multiple datasets; Experience creating data visualization customized dashboards using software.
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
* To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's Qualifications Standards.