Employment Type: Full-Time
This announcement gathers applications from those seeking consideration to fill a Store Associate position in one or more of the listed commissary store locations. As vacancies occur in the 90-day period after this announcement closes, and in accordance with category rating procedures, applicants evaluated as qualified and appointable, and who submit all required documents are referred to hiring managers for selection consideration.
Learn more about this agency
Serves as a Store Associate working either independently or as part of a team in any assigned retail area of a commissary store within the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) system. Work involves performing the full range of standard Store Associate assignments and resolving recurring problems. Typical assignments depend on the individual store and store management requirements.
Position responsibilities include:
* Assisting customers by answering questions such as item price or location, and handling bulky/heavy items.
* Operating an electronic checkout system to record unit price, total customer purchase, and make change.
* Performing a variety of duties in handling, preparing and maintaining stock levels of grocery and produce items.
* Reviewing stock levels and gathering inventory data in order to maintain the Computer Assisted Ordering (CAO) system.
* Preparing and maintaining a variety of documents to order commissary items, reconcile invoices and submit requisitions.
* Maintaining security, safety, and sanitation practices and procedures.
The General Schedule (GS) Base Salary Table was used to identify the salary range appearing at the beginning of this announcement. Actual salaries depend on the location selected. Refer to Salary Tables to locate salaries for a specific location.
You are responsible for the completeness and accuracy of your application package. All submitted documents must be legible. Failure to meet qualifications, requirements and/or conditions of employment or to submit a complete resume and required documents may result in you being ineligible for this position. Ineligible applicants receive no further consideration. We encourage you to read the entire announcement before starting the application process and to follow all instructions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
* Job family (Series)
1101 General Business And Industry
Conditions of Employment
* You must meet the citizenship, age, Selective Service registration, and physical requirements by the announcement closing date.
* ?Must be a U.S. citizen.
* ?Must meet minimum age requirement. See the Additional Information section for more information.
* ?Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the Selective Service System or exempt from registration. See https://www.sss.gov/ for more information.
* ?Physical requirements: (1) Ability to lift, push, pull, carry and handle items weighing up to 40 pounds independently and more than 40 pounds with assistance. (2) Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, bend and climb for prolonged periods.
* ?Appointment is subject to successful E-Verify check. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, at https://www.e-verify.gov/.
* ?Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, based on a completed background investigation.
* ?May be subject to two year probationary/trial period.
* ?Direct deposit of pay is required.
By the announcement closing date, your resume and supporting documents must show that you meet the minimum qualifications described below.
You must possess (A) 1 year of general experience, OR (B) 2 full years of successfully completed education above high school that was complete in an accredited business, secretarial, technical school, junior college, college or university, OR (C) a combination of experience and education that equals 100% of the qualification requirements. General experience is progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates the ability to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of this position. See the Group Coverage Qualification Standard for Clerical and Administrative Support Positions for more information about qualifications and/or combining experience and education to meet the minimum qualifications.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Education used to qualify for this position must be from an accredited school or educational institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and a copy of your transcript is required as part of your application package. For the application process, unofficial transcripts are acceptable if they contain the applicant's name, the name of the school, the date and degree that was awarded, and the list of classes and credits earned. Failure to provide transcripts will result in you being rated ineligible for this position. If selected, you must provide an official transcript before we set your entrance on duty date.
Foreign Education. If using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show a private organization specializing in interpreting foreign education programs has deemed the foreign education equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program or show that a U.S. accredited college or university has given full credit for the foreign courses.