Regional Range And Training Area Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
You will serve as a REGIONAL RANGE AND TRAINING AREA MANAGER in the DEPUTY RANGE AND TRAINING AREA MANAGEMENT DIVISION of MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP PENDLETON.
This is a RE-ADVERTISEMENT of Announcement Number: ST-11160043-21-ALH. Applicants that have previously applied NEED to re-apply to this announcement.
Learn more about this agency
* You will have full responsibility and exercise broad oversight or develop strategies for modernization and sustainment of real property, training systems and associated plans.
* You will use independent research, technical experience, and analysis to determine proper procedures needed to proceed.
* You will apply and ensure subordinate commands and staff comply with the appropriate directives in the coordination of all business, operations or training conducted at a military range and training area complex.
* You will analyze and evaluate the conduct of military individual, small unit, and large force training operations conducted at the command?s ranges and training areas in order to determine current and future requirements.
* You will serve as Federal stewards of the air, water, and land entrusted to the DoD.
* You will promulgate and implement the policies and procedures concerning safety, management, and operations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
* Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
* Managers, Training
* Training Managers
Conditions of Employment
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
* Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
* New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
* Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
* Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
* Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
* You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final Secret security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
* This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
* You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
* Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. You will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
* You will be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
* You must possess and maintain a current valid United States driver?s license. NOTE: Failure to provide a copy with this application, will automatically disqualify you from being referred to the hiring manager.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: Leading the development of regional range and training guidance; developing regional strategies that include and/or direct the process for coordinating, planning, programming, and synchronizing range management; AND managing authority to set short and long-term plans and goals.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.