Employment Type: Full-Time
You will serve as a Physician in the Department of the Navy, Naval Medical Command.
This announcement is for anticipated vacancies under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) for Certain Personnel within DoD, and may be used to fill similar vacancies for up to 120 days from the date of your application. Applicants may need to reapply to be considered on future vacancies filled through this announcement.
There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
Learn more about this agency
* Provide direct patient care.
* Provide routine, complex and emergency care that is specific to your specialty.
* Provide professional consultation, education, and collaborative medical support to other professional staff and multi-disciplinary team members.
* This announcement includes Supervisory and Lead positions in the Physician job series.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
* Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
Conditions of Employment
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
* Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
* New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
* Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
* Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
* Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) may be required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
* Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
* Salary listed is based on a full-time work schedule; Salary will vary depending on location of the position due to different locality salary charts.
* Employee must maintain current certifications.
* Shift work and emergency overtime may be required.
* You may be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
* Full time, part time, intermittent, permanent, term, and/or temporary appointments are available.
* May be required to serve a probationary period.
* You may be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
* You may be required to obtain and maintain a current license/certification as required for various specialties.
* You may be required to receive and maintain appropriate vaccinations and immunizations.
* Work is performed in areas where potentially harmful physical and chemical agents are present (e.g. fumes, dust, heat, ionizing and non-ionizing radiation and chemicals). You will be required to participate in medical surveillance programs.
* You will be required to meet any applicable credentialing or privileging requirements prior to appointment.
* Telework eligibility varies depending on position.
We are looking for the following specialties: Allergy & Immunization, Anesthesiology, Critical Care, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Family Practice, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Hematology/Oncology, Hospitalist, Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine, Medical Evaluation Board, Neonatology, Nephrology, Neurology, Nuclear Medicine, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Occupational Medicine, Ophthalmology, Orthopedic Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Otolaryngology, Pathology, Pediatrics, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Preventive Medicine, Primary Care, Psychiatry, Pulmonary, Radiology, Research.
Experience/Training for GP-13 Position: Applicants must possess 3 years of graduate training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training.
Experience/Training for GP-14 Position: Applicants must possess 4 years of graduate training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training.
Experience/Training for GP-15 Position: Applicants must possess 5 years of graduate training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training.
Selective Placement Factor (SPF): This position has a selective placement factor that will be used to screen out ineligible candidates. The selective placement factor is: Possession of Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification. Failure to possess this factor WILL result in an ineligible rating. Possession of the factor must be verifiable via your resume or support documents.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Basic Requirements for GP-13 through GP-15 can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0600/medical-officer-series-0602/
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying for further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html