Employment Type: Full-Time
You will serve as Nurse (All Specialties including Advance Practice Nurse) with the Department of Navy, Naval Medical Command.
This public notice announcement is for anticipated vacancies to be filled under the Direct Hire Authority for Certain Personnel within Department of Defense, and may be used to fill similar vacancies for up to 120 days from the date of your application. Applicants may need to reapply to be considered on future vacancies filled through this announcement.
Learn more about this agency
* The Nurse Series includes Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (i.e. Clinical Nurse Specialists, Nurse Practitioner, Infection Control, Patient Care, Occupational, etc.) as well as Supervisory and Lead positions.
* Provide care to patients in hospitals, clinics, occupational health units, homes, schools and communities
* Administer anesthetic agents and supportive treatments to patients undergoing surgery or other medical procedures
* Promote better health practices, teaching and performing research in one or more phases of the field of nursing
* Consult and advise nurses who provide direct care to patient
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
* Job family (Series)
* Anesthetists, Nurse
* Educators, Health
* Educators, Public Health
* Family Practice Nurse Practitioners
* Health Educators
* Nurse Anesthetists
Conditions of Employment
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
* Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
* New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
* Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
* Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
* You may be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
* You may be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
* Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) may be required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
* Full time, part time, intermittent, permanent, term, and/or temporary appointments are available.
* Salary listed is based on a full-time work schedule; Salary will vary depending on location of the position due to different locality salary charts
* You may be required to obtain and maintain a current license/certification as required for various specialties.
* Work is performed in areas where potentially harmful physical and chemical agents are present (e.g. fumes, dust, heat, ionizing and non-ionizing radiation and chemicals). You will be required to participate in medical surveillance programs.
* You will be required to meet any applicable credentialing or privileging requirements prior to appointment.
* Telework eligibility varies depending on position.
We are looking for the following specialties: Administration, Advanced Practice Nurse/Practitioner, Allergy/immunization, Ambulatory Care, Anesthesia, Anesthetist, Bariatric, Breast Healthcare, Cardiac Care, Case Management, Chronic Illness, Clinical Nurse, Critical Care, Dental, Dermatology, Diabetes, Disease Management, Education/Educator, Educational and Developmental Intervention Services (EDIS), Emergency Room, Endoscopy, Family Practice, Gastroenterology, General Medicine, Gynecology, Health Promotion, Hematology, Immunizations, Infection Control, Infection Prevention, Informatics, Instructor, Intensive Care Unit, Internal Medicine, Labor & Delivery, Lactation, Medical Home Port, Mental Health, Midwife, Mother/Infant Care, Multi-Service Unit, Neonatal, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Neurosurgery, Obstertrics/Gynecology, Occupational Health, Oncology, Operating Room, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Otolaryngology, Pain Management, Patient Care Coordinator, Patient Safety/Risk Management, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), Pediatrics, Perinatal, Perioperative, Population Health, Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), Progressive Care, Psychiatric, Pulmonary, Quality management, Radiology, Research, Resuscitative Medicine, Rheumatology, Risk Management, Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner, Surgery, Tele-ICU, Traumatic Injury, Urgent Care, Urology, Utilization Management, Wellness or No specialty and/or Specialty not listed above. Please be sure to select your specialty/specialties' when you apply.
In addition to the Basic Requirements for this position:
Your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: apply knowledge of nursing care principles, practices and procedures of specialty area required to assess nursing needs of assigned general medical and surgical patients; develops or participates in developing a nursing plan to meet the needs of assigned patients; recognizes adverse signs and symptoms and reacts swiftly in emergency situations; considers pharmaceuticals, their desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use; operates medical equipment such as resuscitators.
GS-10: One year of specialized experience at the GS-09 level under the General Schedule, or equivalent pay band in other pay systems, which has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to apply knowledge of the specialty area and range of professional nursing principles, procedures and techniques to patients with a wide variety of conditions; provides care in reacting promptly to emergency situations such as treatment of accident victims; collects blood and urine specimens for lab analysis; performs procedures, treatments and medical administration for patients; serves as a nursing team leader, including scheduling and directing shift operations; and provides instructions to patients to communicate the plan of care.
GS-11: One year of specialized experience at the GS-10 level under the General Schedule, or equivalent pay band in other pay systems, which has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position applying knowledge of the specialty area and full range of professional nursing principles, practices and procedures in clinical or hospital or community environment setting; counsels individuals, families or groups; takes medical histories, conducts physical examinations, and communicates results of laboratory tests; assess and treats minor illnesses.
GS-12: One year of specialized experience at the GS-11 level under the General Schedule, or equivalent pay band in other pay systems, which has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Provides specialty care providing comprehensive professional nursing care to patients; provides extensive follow-up and preventative health care, planning intervention and evaluation of patients care methods for issues and problems; examines, diagnose and treats diseases; interprets and examines finding and test results.
GS-13: One year of specialized experience at the GS-12 level under the General Schedule, or equivalent pay band in other pay systems, which has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Provides area of expertise or specialty performing effective direct and indirect care to patients and families based on nursing diagnoses indicated by individual needs; plans, schedules, and provides complete nursing care with the physician leader; provides advanced practice nurse care management through the entire continuum of care: per-hospital, resuscitation, stabilization, support care and rehabilitation.
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR: This position has a selective placement factor that will be used to screen out ineligible candidates. Failure to document possession of the selective placement factor in your resume or application documents will result in an ineligible rating. The selective placement factor is Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-PROF
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Basic Requirements for GS-09 through GS-13 can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0600/nurse-series-0610/