Computer Assisted Ordering Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
The foundation for success of the Defense Commissary Agency mission is our people. It is DeCA's goal to have a workforce that is comprised of our nation's diverse cultures and backgrounds. DeCA operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality grocery products to active duty military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families, as well as current DeCA employees. The agency employs over 15,000 people and its annual sales exceed $4 billion.
Learn more about this agency
Maintain the Computer Assisted Ordering (CAO) system with current, accurate data to ensure optimal order quantities are calculated necessary to sustain customer demands.
* Use radio-frequency hand-held terminals to gather data necessary to update and adjust inventory.
* Record and update Balance on Hand (BOH) data, maintain perpetual inventory and audits credits.
* Perform daily inventory audit of items not-in-stock and overwrite items.
* Evaluate stock levels of all CAO categories daily by physically reviewing the storage and display shelf locations, shippers and warehouse.
* Interface with all levels of management and deal directly with commercial distributor/vendor stocking representatives on issues affecting CAO.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
* Job family (Series)
1101 General Business And Industry
Conditions of Employment
* Must be a US Citizen
* Must apply by 11:59 EST on the closing date of vacancy
* Work Schedule: Full-Time not to exceed 80 hours bi weekly
* Tour of Duty: Irregular schedule with nights, weekends and holidays
* Permanent change of Station (PCS) Cost: Not Authorized
* Position Sensitivity: Non-Sensitive
* Security Requirements: Not Applicable
* Overtime: Occasionally
* Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel: Occasionally
* Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
* Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
* Drug Testing: Not Required
* Physical Requirement: Work requires lifting, bending, standing, walking, reaching, and pulling products weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance. Exposed to hot and cold temperatures while working in storage/warehouse and refrigerated areas.
* Obligated Position: No
* Selective Service Requirement: All male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the selective service system or exempt from Selective Service. Please visit https://www.sss.gov/ for more information.
In accordance with the Group Coverage Qualifications Standards for Clerical and Administrative Support Positions,
http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/group-stds/gs-cler.asp, applicants must possess one year general experience OR four years above high school OR a qualifying combination of experience and education by the closing date of this announcement.
Volunteer Experience: Your experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Examples of general experience include:
* Experience using hand held terminals to gather data necessary to update and adjust inventory
* Experience ensuring optimal shelf space allocation for available stock; ordering product; and/or maintaining a perpetual inventory.
Appropriate education may be substituted for or combined with experience. This education must be from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education. See http://www.ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx for more information.
If you are relying on education to qualify, then:
* Your education must be from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education. See https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/ for more information.
* Failure to provide transcripts will result in you being rated ineligible for this position. We accept unofficial transcripts for the application process, as long as they contain your name, the name of the school, the date and degree awarded, and the list of classes and credits earned. Transcripts must be received by this office no later than 11:59 PM EST on the closing date in order to be considered.
* If selected, an official transcript MUST be received before an Entrance of Duty date is set.