Employment Type: Part-Time
The primary purpose of this position is: to gain experience and training to become a fully qualified mission ready Pilot in the unit type aircraft. This is a TDART (Temporary Development Air Reserve Technician) position. Upon successful completion of training require, you may be noncompetitively promoted to the target grade of GS-12.
This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.
Learn more about this agency
* Accomplish administrative duties related to flight/mission such as scheduling, mission planning, operational training, and mission management.
* Participate in discussions, meetings or serve on panels or committees regarding unit aircraft and flying mission.
* Perform and assist with other flight related duties supporting the accomplishment of the unit operational and training mission.
* Perform duties under the guidance and assistance of the aircraft commander. Assist in the operation of aircraft in order to gain the experience needed to become a qualified pilot in the unit aircraft.
* Job family (Series)
2181 Aircraft Operation
Conditions of Employment
* Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
* U.S. Citizenship is required
* Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
* Total salary varies depending on location of position
* PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
* Recruitment incentives may be authorized
* Position may be subject to random drug testing
* Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
* Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
* Employee must maintain current certifications
* A security clearance may be required
* Disclosure of Political Appointments is required
Basic Requirement GS-2181:
Certificates and Ratings: To qualify, applicants must possess an Undergraduate Pilot Trainee Graduate Certificate or equivalent AND an Aviation Service Aeronautical Order. (NOTE: You must submit your certifications/order at the time of your application in order to verify qualifications).
In addition to meeting the Basic Requirements, applicants must meet the following flight hours:
GS-09: Flight hours are not required.
GS-11: Must have been awarded or qualify for a USAF Pilot rating and hold a valid aviation service aeronautical order. Minimum of 300 total Flight Time in Mission Design Series (MDS). (You must submit a copy of official orders, forms, and/or logbooks time of your application in order to be verify Flight hours.)
GS-12: Must have been awarded or qualify for a USAF Pilot rating and hold a valid aviation service aeronautical order. Minimum of 750 total Flight Time in Mission Design Series (MDS). (You must submit a copy of official orders, forms, and/or logbooks time of your application in order to be verify Flight hours.)
FAILURE TO SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members; are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency. For additional information regarding ART positions and/or military qualifications, please call 1-800-257-1212. Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the AF Reserve. Retired military that have active AF Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position) on the application. A military service member's statement of service/certification will be accepted IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The statement/certification should indicate member's separation from active duty is within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement. It must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
Individuals selected for ART positions must meet both civilian qualifications and uniformed military requirements. In addition to meeting civilian qualifications, applicants must obtain military membership in the Air Force Reserve, wear the uniform, maintain job-specific military specialty requirements, and meet other military qualifications such as age, height, weight, and physical fitness standards. For more information click here and speak with an Air Force Reserve Recruiter.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.