Third Party Risk - Controls Tester Senior Consultant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Risk & Financial Advisory Senior Consultant- Third Party Risk Management
Unanticipated risks have great consequences for clients. That's especially true today as new risks and complexities brought on by regulatory mandates, rapidly evolving technologies, and the digitalization of business operations are disrupting traditional business models. Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory's Hybrid-Operate teams deliver next-generation managed services and advanced technology products to help organizations solve complex problems on a long-term basis. Teams do this by bringing together advanced analytics, robust domain knowledge and experience, and strong technology products to help clients monitor, manage, and measure their operational environment for risk.
Given the ever-increasing size and complexity of third party ecosystems, our clients are increasing leveraging our firm's expertise to implement and operate a wide variety of Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) solutions designed to mitigate risks and drive more value in third party relationships. If you are seeking a role that offers exposure to these clients, Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory's Cyber practice may be the place for you.
The work you perform will help you develop an understanding of:
* the different third-party relationships an organization may have across different industries
* the drivers which affect behaviors of business partners, suppliers and customers; and
* the operational processes and controls required by an organization to effectively manage and monitor its third-party relationships.
Work you will do
* Perform ongoing third-party cyber risk assessments to help clients identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks related to their third parties.
* Comply with delivery SLA's and provide periodic status updates including potential risks and delays to the project delivery to project manager.
* Perform validation of sub-controls with third parties as per the validation process set by Deloitte and generate the final report in English language.
The successful Senior Consultant will demonstrate the following attributes:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent inter-personal skills
* Independent thinker and resourceful problem solver with an ability to exercise mature judgment
* Takes ownership and drives toward a successful outcome
* Can see the big picture and naturally looks for what other client problems the team can solve
* Ability to work independently and in teams to manage multiple task assignments
* Brings a genuine approach to day-to-day dealings that includes the highest ethical standard
* Acting as a leader in a team environment
* 3+ yrs of relevant experience in information security
* Working knowledge and understanding of information security and risk frameworks/standards (ISO 27001/2, NIST 800 series, PCI-DSS, etc.)
* Demonstrate knowledge of key risk areas such as cyber risk, compliance risk and regulatory risk
* Demonstrate knowledge in one or more of the following cyber risk domains, including:
* Security Governance and Management
* Security Policies and Procedures
* Application Security Controls
* Access Controls
* Network Security Operations
* Security Architectures
* Identity Management
* Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
* Incident Response
* Risk Management
* Privacy and Data Protection
* Experience with internal controls, risk assessments, business process and internal IT control testing or operational auditing
* Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
* Degree in Math, Business, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Data Analytics or related field
* CISSP/CISA (or equivalent)
* Experience with information security audit or assessments
* Good understanding of legal and regulatory requirements around information security and data privacy, such as OCC Bulletin 29, FFIEC, HIPAA Security/Privacy, etc.
* Prior consulting experience
* Experience with internal controls, risk assessments, business process, and internal IT control testing or operational auditing
The Deloitte Advisory Third-Party Risk Management (TPRM) team, part of our Cyber Risk Services, works with some of the largest organizations in the world, across a variety of industries, to assist organizations in the development and operation of TPRM programs. Our client list includes eminent organizations across industries, e.g. technology, mining, media, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, public sector and charities.
Our TPRM portfolios of services includes a broad variety of solutions for our clients, including designing and implementing broad third-party governance and risk management frameworks/processes, developing third-party risk and control assessments, and implementing managed services to improve/enhance an organization's TPRM program.
Anywhere in the US
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, 'Deloitte Advisory' means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 65593