Manager, Resource Management
Employment Type: Full-Time
Key Role Description
The Deployment Manager is a seasoned, highly effective, outcome-driven resource management professional who is responsible for the delivery of all deployment-related advisory services to the designated business area(s).
The Deployment Manager will directly advise the Offering Leader and other designated business leaders on practice deployment - specifically on how deployment for the Offering or practice area can be maintained and optimized in support of business and Talent priorities.
In addition to providing direct support to business leadership, the Deployment Manager will also be responsible for assisting the Offering Portfolio Deployment Leader on key deployment and operational activities and priorities. This includes:
* Execution of RM processes and the overall delivery of RM services to the business - primarily in alignment with the Offering, but also in support of Offering Portfolio and national business needs
* Driving collaboration with other key Talent and operational roles to support forecasting and workforce planning activities for the Offering or other designated business area(s)
* Advancing collaboration and integration with OP-aligned USI RM professionals
* Advise business leaders on opportunities to optimize deployment strategy and operations in support of evolving business and Talent priorities
* Maintain deep understanding of full deployment landscape for the designated business area by analyzing deployment data, leveraging business relationships, and gathering key information from RM team
* Maintain broad understanding of Offering Portfolio deployment status to gain Offering-specific context and to drive cross-Offering staffing, as appropriate
* Maintain knowledge of business and cross-business areas where similar market offerings and skillsets may be aligned, including current supply and demand status
* Identify future demand surges and supply shortages by level, skill, and/or industry, and develop recommendations for mitigating any misalignment of supply and demand
* Collaborate with Talent Business Advisor, Finance, and Evolving Workforce to develop and maintain a workforce plan for short-term and long-term needs across all Talent models and Talent pools
* Support Offering Portfolio Deployment Leader in driving collaboration across all RM teams and geographies to ensure seamless, timely, and high-quality deployment support for the business
* Provide ongoing guidance to Engagement Staffing Manager (ESM) Team on how current business considerations within designated business area should be factored into deployment decisions
* Partner with Offering Portfolio Deployment Leader to provide guidance to ESM Team in supporting deployment needs for large, cross-portfolio, cross-business, and/or global engagements
* Assist Offering Portfolio Deployment Leader with RM service level activities such as gathering and consolidating stakeholder feedback and providing recommendations for service delivery and process improvement opportunities
* Support Offering Portfolio Deployment Leader in RM and Talent collaboration efforts to ensure integrated Talent support and a seamless Talent experience for the business
* Advise business on deployment-related communications for business audiences, supporting the production of content, as appropriate
* Serve as a Coach for Engagement Staffing Managers and Deployment Specialists
* Provide leadership and representation for designated business area, as needed, for ongoing RM technology initiatives, including the STAFFIT program, US RM reporting solution, RM knowledge management sites, and the RM components of Talent on Demand
* Provide recommendations to Offering Portfolio Deployment Leader on development opportunities for RM professionals and support the development and delivery of learning content
* Lead and support business and cross-business deployment initiatives to improve our overall RM capabilities, drive more value for the business, and advance our RM vision
Key Experiences & Demonstrated Competencies
A successful candidate will have the following demonstrated experiences and competencies:
* Advising executive or senior-level business leaders on operational decision-making and the development of effective deployment policy and/or strategy
* Analyzing broad sets of deployment data to identify meaningful trends, root causes, or opportunities for operational improvement
* Anticipating operational risks and issues and driving action to avoid or minimize the business impact
* Collaborating with teams to deliver broad scope of HR and/or RM services
* Managing a broad scope of responsibilities by prioritizing work, leveraging team members, and managing stakeholder expectations effectively
* Maintaining a high-level of productivity and delivering strong value in a role with an unstructured working environment and/or work products by proactively identifying which outcomes or which work to pursue in alignment with highest business/Talent priorities and driving that work to completion
* Communicating clearly and concisely with an executive-level audience, in writing and orally
* Preparing executive-level presentations designed to tell a story and influence an outcome
* Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify the relevant business factors and prioritize them accordingly
* Strong conflict resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills
* Ability to manage confidential information appropriately and with discretion
* Ability to identify Talent-related risk and consult with appropriate leaders and teams to determine appropriate course of action
* Strong proficiency with core professional competencies, especially: attention to detail, responsiveness, follow through, flexibility, and tact
* Strong proficiency with MS Office tools on Windows platform: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Notes, and Teams
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent
* Minimum of 8 years of professional work experience, with a strong preference for client service experience in a professional services organization
* Minimum of 2 years of resource management-related experience in a professional services organization
* Ability to travel to alternate work locations periodically, as needed by the business
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, 'Deloitte' means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 57134