US Consulting Risk Manager - Life Sciences and Healthcare
Employment Type: Full-Time
SCAM ALERT: Caution against fraudulent job offers!
Caution against fraudulent job offers!
We have been informed of instances where jobseekers are led to believe of fictitious job opportunities with Deloitte US ('Deloitte'). In one or more such cases, false promises of actual or potential selection, or initiation or completion of the recruitment formalities appear to have been or are being made. Some jobseekers appear to have been asked to pay money to specified bank accounts of individuals or entities as a condition of their selection for a 'job' with Deloitte. These individuals or entities are in no way connected with Deloitte and do not represent or otherwise act on behalf of Deloitte.
We would like to clarify that:
* At Deloitte, ethics and integrity are fundamental and not negotiable.
* We are against corruption and neither offer bribes nor accept them, nor induce or permit any other party to make or receive bribes on our behalf.
* We have not authorized any party or person to collect any money from jobseekers in any form whatsoever for promises of getting jobs in Deloitte.
* We consider candidates only on merit and that we provide an equal opportunity to eligible applicants.
* No one other than designated Deloitte personnel (e.g., a Deloitte recruiter or Deloitte hiring partner) is permitted to extend any job offer from Deloitte.
Anyone who at any time has made or makes any payment to any party against promises of job or selection for a job with Deloitte or any matter related to this (including those for 'registration', 'verification' or 'security deposit') or otherwise engages with any such person who has made or makes fraudulent promises or offers, does so (or has done so) entirely at their own risk. Deloitte takes no responsibility or liability for any such unauthorized or fraudulent actions or engagements.
We encourage jobseekers to exercise caution.
Deloitte Consulting LLP's Quality Risk Management Group (QRM)
Two of the most important factors in being one of the best consulting practices in the world are managing the quality of our work and the risk associated with our client engagements. The Quality and Risk Management (QRM) group provides an integrated approach throughout the engagement lifecycle, from pursuit through engagement delivery to anticipate, advise on, and mitigate risks and quality issues.
More about the Life Sciences & Healthcare Risk Manager (Enabling Senior Manager) Role:
Deloitte Consulting LLP's Quality and Risk Management group is seeking a Risk Manager who will be responsible for supporting various Deloitte Consulting projects. Ideal candidates must have extensive experience in managing the negotiation and administration of large professional services contracts.
Ideal candidates will have extensive experience understanding the risks and mitigation activities associated with complex technology implementations and the underlying service contracts along with an industry focus in the Life Sciences and/or Healthcare sectors.
Work You'll Do
General duties include:
Guidance and support to senior business leaders within the firm
* Works actively with account and project leadership to identify opportunity and delivery risks and develops mitigation strategies to be implemented through contract negotiations and/or during project delivery;
* Serves as liaison between firm leadership and the Office of General Counsel;
* Advises practice leadership on potential quality and risk management issues within Life Sciences and Healthcare and/or Offering Portfolios;
* Provides guidance on risk mitigation strategies, contract formation and contract management;
* Facilitates internal compliance with contract terms, risk management policies and procedures, and management directives.
* Facilitates engagement / proposal review process for higher risk engagements and participates in pricing decisions;
* Consults with firm Principals and Directors on Requests For Proposals, Teaming Agreements, and Non Disclosures Agreements;
* Conducts Risk Consultations for selected higher risk engagements prior to proposal submission;
* Helps interpret contract requirements and obligations and provides guidance to engagement teams.
* Advises engagement teams in the development of professional services contracts with a primary focus on reducing and mitigating delivery and contractual risks associated with the services being provided;
* Negotiates professional services contracts with a primary focus on reducing and mitigating delivery and contractual risks associated with the services being provided;
* Professional services contracts include Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Engagement Letters, Professional Services Agreements, Business Associate Agreements, Data Access and Use Agreements, Subcontractor Agreements, Teaming Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, and other similar or related agreements;
* Experience negotiating software licenses and subscription agreements is preferred.
* Helps interpret requirements of the contract for project teams to adhere to and implement during project delivery;
* Monitors compliance with professional standards and contractual obligations;
* Analyzes and assesses potential impacts associated with contract delivery risks and works with project teams to develop and implement mitigation strategies;
* Assists in negotiations with clients to resolve contractual issues;
* Provides guidance to reduce project risks, adjust contract requirements to accommodate changing project circumstances, and manage stakeholder expectations to contractual obligations and agreed upon performance standards;
* Work with Industry/QRM/other leadership and project teams to identify, escalate as necessary and help resolve project issues.
What You'll Bring To The Table
* Ability to develop relationships quickly and work closely with executive leadership to understand specific risks/issues and provide guidance and mitigation strategies
* Understands fully the sequence and services required to deliver technology implementation projects including various dependencies and other ancillary services
* Experience in writing and reviewing SOWs with a focus on incorporating actionable and measurable guidance to address specific risks around delivery execution
* Education: BBA/BA/BS in related field, Masters Degree is desirable
* Experience Requirements: Minimum 8-10 years of direct contract negotiation. Technology delivery and implementation services experience beneficial
* Industry Experience: Ideal candidates will have experience working in the Life Sciences and/or Healthcare sectors and will possess an understanding of the unique risks affecting the sector(s)
* Location: Flexible
* Travel Requirements: Willingness and ability to travel approximately 50%, flexibility required based on candidate location and role
Other Preferred Skills:
* Experience in Consulting field and a professional partnership desirable
* Ability to evaluate risks associated with large professional service engagements
* Experience in RFP analysis, including contract terms and conditions
* Experience and ability to work directly with senior level individuals (internally and externally)
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to handle fast paced, multi-task environment
* Ability to work autonomously
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, 'Deloitte' means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E21SJOCSRMLV228-NO