Product Management Advisor
Employment Type: Full-Time
PRODUCT MANAGER/ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST
NEW HIRE ROTATION PROGRAM
Showcasing excellence and innovation at every stage, the Infrastructure Solutions Group (ISG) Portfolio Management Team is responsible for the cross-functional management of products and solutions through their entire lifecycle across our ISG portfolio. Using a wealth of technical and industry experience, we work across functional areas to implement our products and solutions. We undertake thorough analysis of the market to ensure we deliver value to our customers, maximize profitability, and adjust our product strategies to respond to competition.
Join us as a Product Manager/Engineering Technologist in our New Hire Rotation Program
in either Austin/Round Rock, TX or Hopkinton, MA to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
The NEW HIRE ROTATION PROGRAM in the Portfolio Management team allows for candidates new to product management and/or infrastructure technology solutions to join a fast-paced, dynamic organization in a streamlined process that encourages hands-on-learning and accelerated career growth. The program consists of 3 rotations, each 6 - 9 months long, to allow new hires the ability to learn across different products, solutions, and specific tasks needed to bring our products to market. Built into the program are key opportunities for networking, knowledge sharing, and support from across the organization. The rotation program is structured to provide a community to those new to the organization to ask questions, gather feedback, and ultimately deliver exceptional results.
WHAT YOU'LL ACHIEVE
As a Product Manager/Engineering Technologist you will be responsible for the cross-functional management of products or solutions through their entire lifecycle. The role involves representing Dell Technologies as a subject matter expert for internal and external meetings, customer/user presentations, product events, and partner/ecosystem discussions. You'll spend time listening to our customers (both internal and external) to understand how our solutions can help them solve problems and drive innovation into their own organizations.
- Assist in developing business plans for key product features
- Gather product requirements from customers, partners and field personnel
- Work closely with engineers to define product functionality
- Work closely with customers to test, validate and refine product functionality
- Develop and communicate regular updates regarding project status
TAKE THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS YOUR DREAM CAREER Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here's what we are looking for with this role:
- BS, MS, or MBA degree focused on business, information systems, information technology, OR significant business/program management experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate cross functionally on product strategies and initiatives
- Ability to analyze industry research, competitive information, and customer input to create business plans for key product features
- Experience or interest in one or more of the following areas:
- product development
- IT cloud computing
- data analytics
- 1 to 3 years of product management experience with skills using defined product lifecycle methodologies
- Experience with installing, configuring, managing, and/or monitoring various operating systems, networking, and storage platforms (from both a physical and a virtual perspective would be preferred). SW engineering skills / coding skills
HERE'S OUR STORY; NOW TELL US YOURS
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio forthe data era. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and ourplanto make the world a better place by 2030 here .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here .