Technical Staff, Engineering Technologist - Santa Clara, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can't wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Engineering Technologist on our Integrated Products & Solutions CTO team in Santa Clara, CA.
This technology team delivers innovative architecture, platform definitions and software to support long term technology requirements to build the next-generation products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we collaborate with brilliant technologists across Dell Technologies and leading industry technology companies and communities.
* Explore and understand trends with senior leadership to develop the strategic direction for technology initiatives with impact across product lines Owner of complex systems or solutions.
* Provide organization-wide expertise and leadership in the design and development of next generation initiatives
* Generate IP including multiple invention disclosures per year and patent filings
* Represent the company by presenting in public forums, contributing to technical publications, and leading in strategic industry forums
* Distributed systems architecture, design, and implementation including cloud native infrastructure and containers.
* Experience with Data Center design including Bare Metal automation and Server, Storage and Fabric architectures.
* Modern software development processes including test-driven development, continuous integration, continuous testing, agile development with Jira/Git/Bitbucket/Confluence or similar platforms.
* Knowledge of networking and protocols (BGP, STP, VxLAN, etc, etc), understand network performance including congestion effects, QoS, scheduling, and packet processing.
* Extensive experience in infrastructure software and hardware design and development, abstractions, programmability, protocols and scaling. Experience in solution development and design.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job ID: R080094