Senior Technical Program Manager - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Employment Type: Full-Time
You'll thrive in this Senior Technical Program Manager position if you enjoy solving complex problems and bringing structure and leadership to exciting new programs, products, and initiatives. You will use your technical background and product knowledge to understand business processes and lifecycle to provide clarity to your program. You will drive high-impact programs that enable engineering and the company to move faster and grow revenue.
Your first 6-12 months
* You will own the development and execution of the overall program plan for one or several programs. You quickly become the credible and trusted leader of a program team consisting of Product Management, Engineering, and other cross-functional group representatives that are geographically dispersed.
* Using your experience and leadership you will shepherd the engineering team through the development process while ensuring quality and compliance is maintained. Become the authority on software development life cycle processes and promote engineering and process best practices, continuous improvements, metrics, organization, and high-quality standards within the engineering teams.
* You can independently balance your time between multiple projects and can comfortably navigate a fast-paced work environment that is constantly evolving.
What type of work will I be doing?
Most of your time will be spent communicating and collaborating with your core team, stakeholders, and leadership to shape the program and track program execution while proactively identifying and resolving risks and issues along the way. You will independently and accurately report on the state of your program to executive and other stakeholders, as well as represent your program in checkpoint reviews. You will leverage the Atlassian tool suite such as Jira, Confluence, and Jira Service Desk to run your program efficiently. You also will help your fellow teammates by reviewing and providing input to other engineering initiatives and software solutions. Lastly, you will be involved with defining architecture and functionality for new and existing systems.
This globally distributed team with a newly expanded charter now includes engineering-centric programs beyond product development and into solving complex business problems that impact multiple business units, engineering, or the company. With this exciting expansion you will be encouraged to address diverse business challenges that will expand your knowledge while rethinking how VMware does business.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical work experience
* 5+ years of previous program management experience leading enterprise software programs relating to both SaaS and on-premise solutions
* Exceptional skills influencing, teaming, and delivering solutions in a highly complex and nebulous environment
* Experienced in software development and project/program management fundamentals
* Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and diagnostic skills
* Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills
* Adaptability to change, comfortable in fast paced environment
* Practical experience using Agile methodologies to develop SaaS offerings via continuous delivery
* Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Release Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-18
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108335