General Manager Store 1227
Employment Type: Full-Time
Click on Apply Now to Apply for this Position!!!
Reporting to the Area Director, the General Manager is responsible for protecting and delivering the Del Taco Brand, to grow sales while maximizing the efficiency and profitability of the restaurant by leading the Del Taco Way.
Essential Job Functions
Fully staff the store with quality people
* Recruiting, hiring, and retaining all restaurant employees
* Ensuring the entire team is certified according to the current training process at all times
* Creating a service oriented culture
* Promoting an environment of fun and teamwork
* Evaluating performance and recommending salary increases
* Recommending, approving, and administering disciplinary action, suspension, and/or termination
* Developing and growing team members and future managers
Deliver the Brand to everyone the Del Taco Way by:
* Executing Del Taco standards and using our processes and systems 100% of the time
* Maintaining the facility and customer areas
* Maintaining all equipment to operational and safety standards
* Delivering only quality products to Del Taco standards every time
* Adhering to cleaning schedules and standards
* Ensuring employees are in proper uniform
* Ensuring a consistent service experience
* Ensuring POP and signage is present and in the approved location
Achieve or exceed sales plan and build Customer Counts and Loyalty by:
* Identifying and communicating sales goals (daily, weekly, year over year)
* Ensuring the right people are in the right places according to projected / actual sales
* Increasing customer count and check average, and maximizing capacity and customer value
* Identifying and executing Local Store Marketing opportunities to attract new customers
* Staying aware of local events; Understanding the store's current trade area and competition
* Executing speed (speed with a smile) and service standards
* Flawlessly executing marketing promotions and campaigns
* Achieve or exceed profitability plan by:
* Maintaining staffing levels to actual sales
* Complying with labor laws
* Accurately ordering and managing inventory to reduce waste and prevent theft
* Ensuring cash handling procedures and standards are in place and followed
* Performing cash audits and addressing identified issues
* Executing safety and health standards
* Minimizing R&M / Supplies and Services costs by managing service vendors efficiently
* Achieving and communicating controllable cost targets
May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, or technical developments)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 3 - 5 years experience in QSR industry / full service concept
* ServSafe Certified
* Fluent in English; Spanish is plus
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; great telephone manner
* Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented; accurate
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, and math skills
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, under pressure
* Proven ability to lead and motivate a diverse team, and promote learning, development and career growth
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT / WORKING CONDITIONS
* Office and Restaurant environment. Extended periods of standing, sitting, typing and looking at a computer screen. May also require some reaching, bending, and lifting.
* Ability to drive/travel to restaurant locations within assigned area including some overnight travel.
* Valid Driver's License and Proof of Vehicle Insurance is required.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their Manager in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an 'at-will' basis.
Del Taco is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
* Job Family FIELD MANAGEMENT
* Pay Type Salary
* 1227 - NORTH HIGHLANDS, CA, 4601 Watt Ave, North Highlands, California, United States of America