Interactive Media Graduate Studies Program Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Summary: The Interactive Media (UI/UX Design) Graduate Studies Program Manager is responsible for all aspects of the administration of the Interactive Media Program, which is a graduate level, Executive Weekend program, designed for and delivered to international students under the auspices of the Hussian University System. The Graduate Studies Program Manager provides vision, leadership, and sound management principles to ensure the academic success, retention and engagement of international students. The Graduate Studies Program Manager is instrumental in collaborating with others to develop and implement an updated and innovative academic programs The Graduate Studies Program Manager provides leadership in building an environment of global competency and commitment to provide appropriate support and services to international students that leads to satisfaction and a strong referral base for the institution and the programs.
Major Responsibility Areas:
MRA #1. Program Administration. Responsible for the development, delivery and administration of the Interactive Media (UI/UX Design) International Graduate Program.
* Provide leadership for curriculum design, use of instructional technology, and evaluation of student learning for the Interactive Media Program.
* Responsible for administration of the Interactive Media Program.
* Maintains a teaching load, as required.
* Collaborates with Executive Director of Curriculum and faculty to provide leadership for curriculum design, use of instructional technology, and evaluation of student learning.
* Collaborate with program instructors to ensure student success across curricula.
* Provide direction for and oversees the selection of learning resources.
* Regularly assess the efficacy of courses/programs and identifies and implements changes as required.
* Identify faculty and other personnel required to properly deliver the programs and regularly assesses their performance making changes as required.
* Assists with monitoring the process of course evaluations and student satisfaction surveys.
* Reviews textbooks and classroom materials in order to provide cohesive, consistent quality instruction, including tutor programs.
* Regularly reviews and coordinates the development and revision of course/program development and changes through work with Executive Director of Curriculum and faculty.
* Maintain compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards and regulations.
* Maintain the programs in compliance with SEVP regulations and eligible for CPT/OPT as appropriate.
* Formulate, maintain and administer a program of faculty training and development.
* Schedule and direct regular Program faculty meetings.
* Serve on department and campus committees and accepts committee assignments.
* Participate in college-wide activities and programs
* Prepare and monitor financial projections and budgets to ensure that the Programs are financially sustainable.
* Work in cooperation and coordination with the financial administration of the institution and follows financial reporting policies and procedures.
* Prepare and maintain student and faculty policies and procedures and publishes appropriate compilations of such statements to ensure that all constituents are well informed.
* Attends required meetings with campus staff, Field Leadership, and/or Executive Leadership.
* Promotes responsiveness to changing business trends.
* Provides suggestions on innovative delivery of instruction.
* Suggests newer and innovative instructional methods.
MRA #2. Student Relations/Student Mentoring Responsible for proactively managing and mentoring students in their program for learning outcomes and program progression.
* Implement student contact strategy to advise on academic progress and career opportunities.
* Proactively mentor students and effectively support students at risk of attrition due to poor attendance, unsatisfactory academic progress or other at-risk indicators.
* Regularly monitor student academic progress via the College's student information system and learning management system.
* Ensure that faculty in the program are responding to student questions and concerns in a timely manner.
* Advise faculty on best practices related to resolving student concerns and/or complaints.
* Coordinate student support activities with key stakeholders in other functional areas to connect students to appropriate resources to resolve personal and academic issues.
* Work with students and the internship/placement office to develop practical training opportunities for students and assist students in obtaining practical training placements.
MRA #3. Institutional and External Involvement. Responsible for maintaining active and productive liaison with institutional and external persons, offices and entities that can enhance and promote the best interests of the programs and its students.
* Attend conferences and make presentations at local, national and international conferences.
* Maintains memberships in appropriate professional organizations
* Publish writings on issues that are pertinent to the international student education profession.
* Assist in securing community leaders, knowledgeable professionals and employees to serve on advisory boards and serve in other capacitates to add expertise, influence and support for the program and the institution.
* Promote international student networks and connections.
Requirements Job Requirements: The following job requirements represent minimum levels of education, experience and competencies/abilities needed to perform this job successfully:
1. Education: Master's degree in Interactive Media, or related field (Digital Media, HCI, etc.), is required; doctorate degree preferred
2. Experience: A minimum of four years of industry work experience, with at least three years of documented teaching or training experience. Experience working with international students is required; experience with online and/or hybrid learning models is a plus;
* Ability to teach data-driven design techniques, information structures and design, and end-user functionality and research.
* Ability to develop curriculum at an introductory and advanced level that encompasses both conceptual and applied issues within interactive media design;
* Comprehensive understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies such as user research, participatory design, prototyping, and user testing.
* Proficiency in: Sketch, InVision, GitHub, Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud, Bootstrap 4, Prototyping, Storyboarding and Wireframing.
3. Competencies: Incumbent must (be) able to:
* Project a professional image and provide outstanding customer service
* Keep commitments, meet deadlines and achieve demanding results
* Organize and execute around multiple priorities
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
* Speak effectively to both large and small groups of people
* Prepare and conduct effective presentations
* Demonstrate excellent listening skills, to include listening not only for content but for motive
* Cooperate and collaborate as a member of a team
* Use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports and other data
* Embrace and demonstrate on an ongoing basis the Company's core values of Continuous Improvement, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Having Fun.
4. Physical and Mental Requirements:
Physical Requirements: This job requires normal physical mobility, including the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Normal hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp and lift up to 40 pounds, is also required. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Mental Requirements: The employee must be alert and attentive; ability to read, recall, write and understand information.
Environment: This job is normally performed in a clean, well-lighted, heated and cooled office area/classroom.
The purpose of this job description is to document the Major Responsibility Areas (MRAs) and key Duties normally required of this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only responsibilities or duties to be performed by incumbents. Associates are expected to follow all job related instructions and perform any other duties assigned by their supervisor(s).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or age. Employment with the Company does not constitute a contract for any specific period of time and any associate is free to resign at any time, with or without a reason, just as the Company may end an associate's employment at any time, with or without a reason. The Company will, in compliance with the ADA, accommodate essential job functions whenever feasible.
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
Copyright © Ultimate Software