Climbing Arborist Trainee - QUICK HIRE
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition Number: 151267
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1RES - Kent-Residential & Commercial Services
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: No Diploma
Work Experience Required: Less than 1 year
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Climbing Arborist TRAINEE - Residential Tree Care - San Jose, CA
Davey Tree is seeking a Groundsperson to join our Residential & Commercial Tree Care team in San Jose, CA and surrounding areas. Those with prior experience in Forestry, Landscape or experience in relatable fields of outdoor work (construction, landscaping) are encouraged to apply.
Trainees will work directly with the crew leaders to learn all aspects of Arboricultural operations. After familiarization with ground duties such as job-site setup, chipping, and chainsaw operation, Trainees will learn skills necessary for pruning trees to ANSI A300 guidelines. Trainees will progress through Davey's Career Development Program as they learn to utilize ropes for climbing and working in trees.
* Support Foreman and Trimmer(s) completing tree pruning, removal, cabling & bracing
* Maintain clean and orderly drop zone while running ropes and supplying tools to Trimmer(s) and Foreman
* Operate chipper, trucks, stump grinders or special equipment
* Cutting, chipping and loading brush and wood and proper job site cleanup
* Participate in job-site Hazards, Obstacles, Plan, Equipment (H.O.P.E) process
* Responsible for maintaining crew gear and equipment as directed by Foreman
* Make satisfactory progress in Davey Career Development Program
* Prior experience operating chippers and chainsaws is highly valuable
* Active and valid Driver's License
* Understand the safe use of equipment (handsaw, chippers, chainsaws, etc)
* Willingness to learn to prune trees and shrubs from ground
* Demonstrated ability to report for work regularly and punctually
* Willingness to work outdoors during a variety of weather conditions
* Control road and sidewalk traffic as needed by use of warning devices and other methods
* Understand proper job site set up and cleanup procedures
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred
* Full time hourly position (compensation based on qualifications and experience)
* Potential for overtime
* Generous performance incentive plan
* Excellent benefits offered
* Medical, Dental, Vision plans
* Paid time off vacation, Holiday Pay, Sick leave
* 401K retirement plan with employer matched contribution + opportunity to buy Davey stock after 1 year of FT employment
* Employee referral bonus program
* All uniforms, climbing gear and PPE provided
* Industry related training and special Davey training courses
* Reimbursement is available for industry related certifications
Pre-employment Drug Screen, E-verify/Social Security Number Verification and Criminal Background Check are required.
Full time hourly position and compensation based on qualifications and experience. Davey offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, advancement opportunities and option to buy Company stock after 1 year of employment, plus access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
The Davey Tree Legacy
Since 1880, our clients have trusted us to care for their most precious natural assets. Our history is rooted in preserving and caring for trees, but our evolution has grown to include whole natural environments. Davey is one of only a handful of companies in the world that can claim this rich, century-plus heritage and a record of continuous growth, even during tough economic times.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Davey is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers all qualified employees and applicants for all positions regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state, or local law. It is our mandate that all matters related to the terms and conditions of employment and all treatment on the job be free of discrimination. In addition, harassment based on any protected characteristic is strictly prohibited.
To preview Davey's relevant EO/AA plan, please submit a written request to: The Davey Tree Expert Company, Attn: HR, 1500 N. Mantua Street, Kent, Ohio 44240.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law - English | Spanish
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Supplement - English | Spanish
Right to Work - English | Spanish
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision