Genomics Sales Representative
Employment Type: Full-Time
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences Discovery Products division in North America is a provider of Nucleic Acid Isolation/Purification Systems based on 'SPRI' para-magnetic bead technology. Beckman Coulter currently has an expansion opening for a Senior Sales Consultant in the Genomics Sales Role. Territory Includes: Southern California, Nevada, Utah.
The GSR role is responsible for direct sales of genomic sample prep workflows including reagents, software and automation instrumentation within the assigned territory. This includes SPRI products for NGS Library Preparation, DNA & RNA isolation/purification, and collaborations with sales of the Biomek Liquid Handing platforms. This individual must regularly meet assigned revenue goals for territory by developing and actively prospecting new business.
* The successful individuals will be responsible to build and expand relationships within existing client base to provide ongoing customer service and build the revenue stream.
* Listen to and proactively act to understand customer needs and identify solutions; actively create business opportunities.
* Generate new business and establishes new beachheads.
* Targets and close top funded firms.
* Develops and manage a sales plan and strategy for assigned accounts and territory.
* Manage and maintains accurate sales forecasts based on territory quota.
* Document client interactions in Sales Force.com.
* Follow proper SOP's for generating sales quotes and requesting technical support.
* Communicate effectively with internal support infrastructure.
* Coordinates seminars and installations, and provides regular feedback from the field to Marketing and R&D.
* Regular travel within territory and to headquarters is required.
* Bachelor's degree in Life Science or equivalent education Bachelor's degree in related field with 2+ years' relevant work experience. OR a Master's degree in the field with 1-4 years of experience.
* The ability to understand the science behind our product and service offerings and basic laboratory experience is a must, specifically for the applications of Sanger/NextGen sequencing, SNP Genotyping, & Gene Expression, Crispr/Cas9.
* Three to five years of demonstrated, successful sales experience preferably to life science research laboratory customers is required. Skills to be demonstrated by a history of quota attainment.
* Individual should be geographically based in the territory, ideally in Southern California, and have current experience selling to academic, pharmaceutical and biotech firms in that territory.
* Past experience building new and/or underdeveloped territories and generating product and company awareness.
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, teamwork, professionalism, and determination to succeed. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously. Demonstrates organization and effective time management.
* Administrative skills in sf.com, excel, & proposal software are beneficial.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at 202.419.7762 or email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.