DBS Leader, Innovation
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Leica Biosystems (LBS), our mission is to advance cancer diagnostics to improve lives. In order to achieve our mission, we have created a dedicated Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning SBU (Strategic Business Unit), to arm our pathologist customers with new AI tools.
As the Danaher Business System Leader Innovation, AI & ML SBU, you will be responsible for supporting agile project teams to develop and introduce novel AI products to market. To achieve our AI ambitions, you will interface with AI lab scientists, development teams, external AI product partners, product marketing, and customer pathologists as we augment our scanning and imaging platform with new AI and ML product capabilities.
Position Summary and Overview
The DBS Leader is responsible for promoting and leading the successful implementation of the Danaher Business System within Leica Biosystems AI & ML SBU. They will be a key business partner with a strong and proven ability to drive effective deployment of DBS. This role is part of a global team of DBS Leaders at LBS focusing on Innovation and reporting to the Global Director DBS Innovation.
Major Responsibilities and Activities
* Support SBU´s innovation objectives through the thoughtful deployment of DBS Innovation Playbook elements.
* Support Policy Deployment initiatives in partnership with leadership.
* Manage Kaizen Funnel and Certified Trainer/Practitioner Process.
* Provide guidance and share best practices with other LBS teams as a Subject Matter Expert on the Danaher Software System.
* Contribute to the evolution of DBS tools to include guidance on AI/ML development processes
* Identify and share best practices across DHR OpCos, DHR Digital and the DBSO
* Implementation of Continuous Delivery methods into SW development processes.
* Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Sciences or a related field with leadership experience in agile software development.
* Mastery of Danaher Software System elements (CP or ACP).
* Visual Project Management expertise.
* Management of processes using Visual and Daily Management.
* Successfully creates followership and drives change.
* Superior skills in communication and facilitating teamwork across disciplines, regions, and cultures.
* Ability to present highly complex, technical, or difficult messages clearly and persuasively at all levels of the organization.
* Track record of consistently delivering business results.
* Practitioner experience in various DBS Innovation processes - Innovation Strategy and Innovation Execution.
* Scrum/agile certification beneficial.
* Understanding of the workflow required to develop and deploy AI and ML solutions.
* Experience managing projects and/or leading teams.
* Travel ability is mandatory (domestic and international), expectation for this role is 30-40% for initial 3 months then 20%. This will include support for other Leica Biosystems sites.
* This role is based at the following LBS site: Vista, CA or remote in US with regular travel to site
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies require all US and Puerto Rico employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.