Automation Sales Consultant - Direct Sales Rep for Southern California
Employment Type: Full-Time
Would you like to support products you feel passionate about?
About Beckman Coulter
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and foster new developments in complex biomedical testing. For more than 75 years, our products have been improving the productivity of research scientists by offering them a complete range of advanced tools - ranging from flow cytometers, centrifuges and modular liquid handling systems to fully integrated robotic systems. Both fully flexible and application-dedicated automation platforms support research in genomics, proteomics, cellular analysis, and forensics and drug discovery. In 2019, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences acquired Labcyte, allowing the automation product line to expand to new heights! Labcyte's innovative acoustic dispensing technology further highlights the innovation we aim to provide to our customers.
Key Accountabilities and Requirements
This position supports southern California, including San Diego and Los Angeles.
* Execute tactical and strategic action plans to achieve sales and financial targets in a defined geography
* Manage territory through daily funnel and weekly forecast management
* Create and sell innovative customer solutions with the local team members in order to continuously improve customer research and satisfaction
* Work collaboratively with both BEC LS field-based and office-based specialists, as well as other Danaher OpCos
* Organize and participate in customer-facing activity, such as tradeshows, conferences, and localized workdays
* Familiar with our CRM - Salesforce
* Proficient in Microsoft suite of applications
* Able to handle crucial conversations and problem solve
* Must possess an entrepreneurial mindset
* Up to 20% overnight travel
* Experience working in a pharma or biotechnology laboratory environment
* Bachelor's degree in technical or scientific specializations
* Previous exposure to liquid handling automation highly desirable
* Demonstrate collaborative teamwork across the organization
* Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced and action-oriented environment
* Displays integrity and appropriate business acumen
* Able to comply with administrative tasks, such as compliance trainings and expenses, on time
Diversity and Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page -- Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The 'EEO is the Law' poster is available here.