Employment Type: Full-Time
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a General Superintendent for their Construction Department. The right candidate will be responsible for supervising Superintendents and all field personnel in the construction department. Update reports and assure quality control in the houses built. Implement all DR Horton policies and procedures throughout the entire construction process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Plan and direct construction activities of the Superintendents and other staff as assigned
* Assist Project Manager with the set-up of temporary project facilities and utilities
* Establish and maintain contact with appropriate city officials and inspectors
* Confers with and directs/approves work being performed by subcontractors
* Handle problems with subcontractors
* Respond to unsatisfactory survey cards and NRS responses
* Ensure that all homes are constructed to contract, specification and detail
* Ensure that all homes in construction area meet all safety standards in accordance with OSHA and state regulations
* Supervise project budget, review field purchase orders and provide reporting
* Assure that all work that is invoiced is fully acceptable to DR Horton specifications and is 100% complete
* Walk site to determine construction status and assure quality control
* Prepare punch-list audit for each home and ensure that all punch-list items have been completed prior to homeowner orientations/occupancy
* Manage project close-out and final documentation
* Total involvement with training, communication and development of Superintendents and field personnel as assigned
Manages ten or more Superintendents in the Construction Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must have a vehicle, a valid driver's license, and be willing to travel.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder.
Come follow our newest Open Jobs on Twitter and like us on Facebook!