Social Work Summer Internship
Employment Type: Full-Time
This program is a 10-week full-time opportunity that starts on June 6th, 2022 and will end on August 12, 2022.
Location: This position is a work-at-home role and candidates must be based within the state of Kentucky during the internship.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive, and patient focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
You will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
* Projects that contribute to the success of our business
* Community service activities
* Professional development workshops
* Mentorship and networking opportunities
* Interaction with senior leaders
And our corporate interns have an increased likelihood to receive an offer for a future role with CVS Health.
Our Health Services team supports members who have special health care needs and medical conditions. As part of our total approach to health, we are committed to helping members get the care they need when they need it. Helping members thrive by connecting with providers and resources to help them the most, to improve the overall wellness and everyday lives of our members.
You will work directly with the Health Services team to:
* Provide case management services to medically and behaviorally complex members.
* Working with members, you will use critical thinking and motivational skills to elicit information to help identify potential areas of risk
* Contact enrolled members to conduct health risk surveys either by telephone or in-person (post pandemic)
* Work with team members and support service partners to address or escalate member issues
* Meet educational requirements (see education section)
* Strong written communications skills
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
* Ability to communicate professionally and empathetically with members
* Knowledge of child welfare terminology
* Knowledge of Medicaid or Managed Care
* Have leadership experience. Examples may include: project leadership, workplace responsibilities, active roles in student/social organization activities, or sports
* Have internship, volunteer, or work experience in related fields such as clinical or community service organizations
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
You must meet the follow qualifications:
* Be currently pursuing a Bachelors degree
* Have an anticipated graduation date between September 2022 and August 2023
* Have a major, minor or concentration relevant to the position. Examples include: social work, psychology, sociology, healthcare, or another related health field
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.