Control Systems Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Posting Title:
Control Systems Lead
Job Description Summary:
C&W Services is the industry leader in Integrated Maintenance Solutions providing service to more than 600 companies worldwide and a sister company of Cushman & Wakefield.
C&W Services offers:
* Weekly Pay!
* Comprehensive Benefits that start on your first day!
* Advancement Opportunities!
* Training to work in a Cutting Edge Facility!
* A Safety First Culture!
About the Role
As a Control Systems Lead, you will lead service technicians on the team with maintaining, troubleshooting, and modifying Material Handling (MHE) controls systems equipment to ensure operational performance. You will support the Operations Maintenance team by designing solutions for difficult problems and managing projects. You will help train, and mentor service technicians and contract technicians.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
* Troubleshoot and modify software programs for material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers, Allen Bradley Controllogix and Compactlogix PLC platform utilizing RSLogix 5000 software package. Including Industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, AS-I, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
* Act as first level escalation support for the control system technician teams. Appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operation.
* Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic control systems to maximize building utilization of systems
* Monitor MHE metrics and partner with Controls Technicians and Mechanics to resolve equipment electrical problems that create performance deficiencies. Perform controls systems assessments to maintain and improve equipment reliability
* Partner with Facility Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Acting as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the building
* Communicate technical issues and project timelines with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team. Explain production impacts and work closely with operations and engineering to ensure a thorough understanding of impact to systems
* Develop training plans for Control Systems Technicians
* Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
* Associates degree with a focus in in Electronic Technology or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of experience with Motor Controls (motor starts, variable frequency drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components)
* 5+ years of experience with programming HMI components
* 5+ years of experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) programs
* 5+ year of experience with Robotics system components and controls
* 3+ years with SCADA systems and KPI's
* Experiencing interpreting and modifying mechanical and electrical drawings
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
* 4+ years of experience in the Electrical fields, or in Control Systems development, troubleshooting and programming
* 4+ years of experience supporting advanced automation controls systems maintenance and development
* 3+ years of experience supporting a wide range of conveyors and sortation systems
* Leadership and project management experience
* Experience with ASRS systems and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.