Regional Space Planning Manager - West
Employment Type: Full-Time
Regional Space Planning Manager - West
Job Description Summary
The Regional Planning Manager is responsible for leading the Planning and Move Add Change teams in development and implementation of workplace solutions that are driven by our client's business and cultural objectives. This role is instrumental in cultivation of relationships with key business contacts to align business needs and their space requirements with space solutions.
This high growth, incredibly dynamic company requires a motivated professional who as a leader and participant can drive programming, critical analysis, information management, customer communications and negotiations, and translate business requirements into operational excellence resulting in the ultimate customer experience.
What You Will Be Doing
* Support the Space Planning Manager and Workplace Strategist with creation of the master space plan for the West Region, which is growing substantially over the next few years.
* Coach the Planning and MAC teams in providing effective space planning solutions and move management delivery for all project types (expansions, relocations, consolidations, refreshes).
* Be comfortable with providing in-depth data analysis to support space strategies and scenario planning.
* Provide clear and frequent project updates to leadership that define multiple project status, schedule, and risks.
* Oversight for space planning activities in support of day-to-day business needs; includes oversight for team ticket management.
* Develop strong relationships with Planners and business contacts to understand product area focus, business adjacencies, and departmental reorganizations.
* Support team in updating or establishing space stacking plans and floor block plans, conduct space analysis, and create various planning options.
* Demonstrate proactive solutioning through root cause analysis, solution development and evaluation of options using data analysis and data visualization.
* Ensure compliance with core program standards - all tools, processes, templates, and outputs standardized and customized to the client.
* Implement regular communications to clients, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
* Support integration of change management activities into the planning program.
* Enthusiastically provide options and creative solutions to maximize space utilization and group productivity, foreseeing issues before they develop.
* Integrate and understand furniture solutions as part of the solution for the space issues.
* Financial tracking and reporting for all activity in assigned territory; financial acumen required.
* Ensure playbooks are updated on a quarterly basis, with communications to identify any changes.
* Meet regularly with Planning and MAC team members to evaluate team performance and identify areas for improvement.
Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's degree and 5-10 years of space, facilities, occupancy planning or move add change management experience.
* 3-5 years of work experience in project management, space & occupancy planning, and workplace consulting in a commercial environment.
* 3-5 years of stakeholder and people management experience.
* Experience as a Service Provider is a plus.
* MS Office Suite and space planning software experience required; demonstrated experience with MS Excel at an intermediate level, minimum.
* AutoCAD/floor plan experience required.
* Understanding of corporate real estate/finance rules and requirements.
* Strong people manager skilled at motivating teams of varying composition.
* Experienced in managing multiple projects of varied scope and complexity.
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal relationship skills.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Able to build strong relationships with internal and external partners to deliver effective services.
* Understands how to read architectural drawings, concepts & designs.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to multitask and prioritize for self and others.
* Assumes ownership of requests to ensure successful completion.
* Strong attention to detail and quality.
* Ability to handle conflict resolution.
Additional Job Description
Some travel will be required for this position until employee is comfortable with the business needs, has built a strong relationship with key stakeholders, and can perform their role independently
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.