Sr. Financial Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
Cubic Global Defense
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: Provides complex financial and schedule control services for assigned projects. Supports Program Managers and program functional participants in the financial/schedule management of large and/or complex projects to ensure that financial and schedule goals are met. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordinates projects in accordance with policies and procedures.
* Establishes the cost accounting structure of projects.
* Assists in the budgeting and scheduling process.
* Documents budgeting results in Work Authorization Documents and the Cost Status Reporting System.
* Participates with scheduling professionals in the creation of project schedules and product reviews.
* Provides earned value management in accordance with the Management Control System Description (where required).
* Monitors costs to ensure accurate accounting.
* Facilitates cost corrections and/or prepares account correction documents.
* Provides analyses and compiles expected cost data to form Estimate-At-Complete (EAC) forecasts.
* Inputs EAC data into SAP.
* Forecasts expenditures, sales, earnings, and cash flow.
* Monitors and analyzes Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable to ensure both activities are timely and correct.
* Prepares various internal and external (customer) financial analyses and reports.
* Supports internal and external audits.
* Supports proposal development activities.
* Distributes various cost and schedule reports to assigned project participants.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four year college degree, or equivalent, in business administration or accounting plus a minimum of four years related experience. Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form, with all levels of employees including upper management. Must be competent with personal computer and be familiar with spreadsheet software (e.g., Excel) and other Microsoft Office software. SAP experience not required but a plus. Ability to follow written and verbal directions. Ability to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks, and work under deadlines. Able to concentrate, focus, and perform analyses. Adept analytical and numerical skills required. Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.