Employment Type: Full-Time
Primary Responsibility of this role is the financial performance and product portfolios of the assigned Branch which include all deposits and loans, as well as control the costs and expenses, and deposit costs to achieve the Branch's profitability and growth. You are expected to manage the overall functions within the assigned Branch, which includes business development, retail activities, sales and marketing, customer services and relationships, employee management, and compliance and audit. Additional responsibilities include maximizing the operational efficiency and employee productivity within the assigned branch and coordinate with the Regional Branch Manager to implement the retail banking strategies and retail activities to achieve the Bank's overall goals of the assigned Region. Finally you are expected to represent the Bank in participation of professional associations and community networking activities as a way to build brand awareness and center of influences (COI).
Retail Activities (20%)
* Responsible for the implementation of the Bank's retail banking strategies to achieve the goals assigned to the Branch.
* Manage the retail activities for the assigned Branch and coordinate with Regional Branch Manager for the retail activities of the Region.
* Represent the Bank of the assigned Branch to participate in the professional associations and community activities for business relationship building.
Financial Performance and Customer Relationships (40%)
* Responsible for the financial performance and product portfolios of the assigned Branch, which includes deposits (checking account, negotiable order of withdrawal account, savings account, money market deposit account, and time certificate of deposit), loans (CRA, commercial real estate, construction, commerce and industry, trade finance, consumer), fee incomes, and investment product referrals.
* Coordinate with Regional Branch Manager to achieve the financial goals assigned to the Branch and the Region.
* Responsible for the monthly/quarterly/annually financial review of the assigned Branch.
* Manage the marketing campaigns and sales programs the Bank develops for the Branch, and coordinate with Regional Branch Manager to implement the marketing campaigns and sales programs of the Region.
* Manage customers effectively and grow existing deposit base while acquiring new customers to the Bank.
* Keep updated with the current market conditions and product and service developments of the local market of the Branch.
Operation Efficiency and Customer Service (15%)
* Oversee the branch banking operation of the assigned Branch to provide comprehensive and prompt retail services, which include operation efficiency and employee productivity.
* Effective control indirect expenses of the Branch such as overtime worked.
* Responsible for customer services excellence, client complaint corrections and resolutions of the assigned Branch.
* Ensures branch staff adheres to AML and BSA requirements
Employee Management and Development (25%)
* Supervise the employees of the assigned Branch to achieve the Bank's employee productivity.
* Establish the annual goals and supervise the daily performance of the Branch employees.
* Ensure that all employees under supervision is familiar and complies with all applicable Bank's policies and procedures as well as governing laws and regulations. This includes but is not limited to:
* Performing all assigned duties under the Bank's compliance programs and related laws & regulations.
* Successfully completing all mandatory training on related Bank's and BSA compliances as well as other laws and regulations as assigned in a timely manner.
* Responsible for the performance reviews with each employee of the Branch to clarify contribution, strength, and weakness for development plan.
* Coach all branch employees to perform at optimum level and conduct performance management when applicable.
* Coordinate with Regional Branch Manager to implement the regional manpower allocation (i.e. employee inter-transfer or short-term relocation for manpower-shortage).
* Prepare financial and regulatory reports required by laws, regulations, and boards of directors.
* Ensure that all retail activities within the assigned Branch are in compliance with related Bank's financial and government laws and regulations.
* Perform related duties, as required, for the training and development purpose.
* Perform all assigned duties under Bank's compliance programs and related laws & regulations.
* Successfully complete all mandatory training on related Bank's and BSA compliance as well as other laws and regulations as assigned and in a timely manner.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
* Comprehensively understanding of the operation of branch business and retail services.
* Knowledge of financial statements and related Bank's laws and regulations
* Strong sales and marketing as well as business development skills
* Ability to manage people and lead a team
* Familiar with e-Commerce, e-Banking and Branch Banking-related technology
* Bachelor's degree or above in related field is preferred
* Life License is required and other license required by the Bank's business strategy is a plus
* 5+ years of experience as a branch manager in the branch banking industry is preferred
* Fluent in English and Chinese (mandarin preferred) is a major plus
* Minimum mobility to work in an office setting; sit for prolonged period of times; operate office equipment including use of a computer keyboard; and reach with hands and arms. Employees are occasionally required to walk and stand and lift and move records and documents weighing 30 pounds or less
* Attention to detail, strong organizational, communication, interpersonal, self-motivated, and analytical skills, ability to interact with all levels of management and staff.
* Standard office environment. Noise level in work environment is usually average. Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Occasional off site client meetings and site visits.