Medical Laboratory Technician
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
• Under limited supervision, performs non-clinical procedures for quality control of material used in the manufacture of plasma-derived products
• Performs laboratory procedures related to unit suitability testing, generation of serum protein electrophoresis (SPE) reports and other assays not regulated by Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)
• Performs routine testing using automated methods and procedures; analyzes test results and communicates aberrant findings to laboratory supervisor
• Participates in continuing education
• Operates analytical instrumentation and technical laboratory equipment; performs routine maintenance of assigned instruments and equipment
• Follows safety regulations, Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) rules, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Works within current good manufacturing practice (cGMP) guidelines and adheres to all regulatory standards within the lab
State of California Requirements:
• Associate degree or 60 semester or equivalent quarter units in chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science with specific course requirements:
- 36 semester or equivalent quarter units in physical or biological sciences
- 6 semester or equivalent quarter units in chemistry
- 6 semester or equivalent quarter units in biology
• Current Registered Nurse, Physician, OR a Medical Lab Technician licensed by the State of California
• Minimum 6-month clinical training program approved by LFS, OR
• Training program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), OR
• Minimum 3 years of on-the-job-experience within the previous 5 years in a clinical laboratory as an MLT or CLS outside California, California physician office laboratory (POL), or laboratory owned by the United States of America (military and federal laboratories).
• On-the-job-experience must include at least 480 hours in each of these specialties: hematology, chemistry, microbiology, and immunology.
• Official verification of training or work experience must be on letterhead and signed by the training coordinator or laboratory director.
• Must maintain current licensure
Worker Sub Type: