Engineering Manager, DevOps
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who We Are
We're a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we'll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for our passionate communities.
About The Team
The Crunchyroll DevOps Team is a small group of highly skilled cloud engineers with a passion for automating the platform on which our software developers deploy their applications. Our customers are the software engineers and other business units within the company who work around us every day and need our support. We live to make things easier for them to rapidly develop, test, and deploy new features and applications. We work with the other engineering teams to continue supporting a DevOps culture and to share with them our domain expertise.
You're passionate about supporting the ever-growing thirst of our anime community! You probably also enjoy helping other developers and generally like making the management of infrastructure dead-simple so you can work on more exciting things. You definitely have an eye out for what we could be doing better to serve our community, and you like working with others across the globe to get there.
* 5-7 years of experience implementing or supporting large-scale web/video products/platforms.
* 1+ years of experience managing engineers in the technology industry.
* Maintained AWS infrastructure as code using tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform.
* Solid collaborator and can lead cross-team initiatives with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Crafted automation and tools using languages like Python, Go, Java, or Ruby.
* Experience with automating long-term solutions to problems rather than applying a quick fix.
* Built and maintained a CI/CD pipeline and have considered all stages of the SDLC.
* Advocate for the DevOps philosophy.
* Experience working in a Linux environment.
* Experience instrumenting and working with monitoring and alerting tools.
* Experience measuring and modeling cost and performance metrics of cloud services
* Experience working across timezones and with different cultures.
* Experience establishing a vision that's backed by data.
* Experience building and maintaining a production Kubernetes cluster.
* Experience managing deployments using Harness.
* Strong software engineering background.
* Worked in an operations center and/or assisted teams with incident response.
* Worked with a compliance standard like PCI-DSS or SOC 2.
A day in the life of our DevOps Engineering Manager:
We run a 24/7 global operation. Our team works in shifts, and we split projects and on-call duties across timezones regularly. We believe in working hard, having a work life balance, and striving to maintain it. You may find yourself doing any of the following on any given day:
* Working with your team's program manager to forecast deliveries over multiple sprints
* Collaborating with development teams to translate loose requirements into technical specifications
* Monitoring platform and development trends within the company to derive ways to optimize our collective DevOps efforts for the team's roadmap
* Working with the team to turn large, deeply technical tasks into more tangible products
* Mentoring team members on the latest development practices or cloud technologies
* Having 1:1s to check in with team members to learn of any internal team struggles, identify career growth interests, or more as you see vital
* Assist another development team in effective incident containment or root-cause analysis post-mortem
Benefits: San Francisco Office
* Competitive salary
* 'Use What You Need' time away from work policy
* Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
* Health care and dependent care FSA
* 401(k) plan with employer match
* Employer paid commuter benefit
* On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
* Support program for new parents
* Catered lunch 4 days per week
* Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
* Pet friendly - pet insurance and dog friendly office
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact email@example.com before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories through the content they love. Best known as a top streaming service delivering AVOD and SVOD content, Crunchyroll also provides experiences to deepen fan engagement and community through social, events, games, consumer products, content distribution, content creation, and manga publishing.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts - top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Chisinau, Lausanne, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
Our Company Values
You'll see these in action if we're lucky enough to have you:
* Embrace Originality - We've taken different paths to get here -- but we're in it together to win in anime
* Fuel Passion - Understanding fandom makes us better at what we do
* Champion Change - We're agile and see change as an opportunity to lead by example
* Hustle Intentionally - As fans of our fans, we always want to do more -- but we're deliberate in our path
* Elevate Anime - We're showing the world how special anime is
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.