Staff Technical Product Manager, Maps
Employment Type: Full-Time
We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We're building the world's most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager for Maps, you'll align your team around the vision for the future and lead the charge to turn that vision into reality. You'll focus on making navigational knowledge and intelligence of the world available to the AV, enabling it to reason and maneuver safely while driving autonomously. At Cruise, our operations teams and AI/robotics engineers face challenges that are unique to the AV industry and, in this role, you'll lead the delivery of equally unique solutions.
Product managers at Cruise work across AI, infrastructure, simulation, and product engineering teams. In this role, you'll work on delivering tools to make map labeling fast and accurate. You'll work cross-functionally with engineering, design, program management, and operations to build out a roadmap to realize your vision. You'll keep teams focused on what is most important for the company; setting priorities, defining requirements, and ensuring delivery.
What you'll be doing:
* Establishing a shared product vision and strategy for your product area, rooted in a deep understanding of the product domain and unmet customer needs
* Developing and executing on a high impact product roadmap in close collaboration with technical customers, end users and senior leadership
* Collaborating with cross-functional partners across engineering, design, research, operations, systems engineering, and technical program management
* Rapidly prioritizing (and re-prioritizing) product offerings based on impact, defining clear success criteria so efforts are always focused on the most impactful work
* Communicating roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions clearly across a wide spectrum of audiences from internal customers to executives
* Exemplifying outstanding product development and management practices in everything you touch
What you have:
* 8+ years of significant work experience in tech-related fields
* 6+ years of product management experience delivering highly impactful and innovative products at scale
* Able to independently analyze and evaluate data from different vantage points to extract trends and patterns from the noise
* Experience building geospatial services and datasets (such as maps data, traffic patterns, etc.) a plus
* Experience formulating and driving a principled product vision, and being responsible for the narrative with leadership and key team members
* Outstanding communication skills: verbal and written, with engineers, non-technical partners, and executives
* Obsessed with customers and their problems, working diligently to innovate on their behalf
* A master collaborator with an innate ability to make things happen, never hesitant to roll up your sleeves and get to work
* Experience leading product development from zero to first release and beyond
* Creativity and curiosity: you're driven to find novel solutions and push forward an entire industry!
* Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
* Competitive salary and benefits
* 401(k) Cruise matching program
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* One Medical membership
* Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
* Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
* Paid parental leave
* Fertility Benefits
* Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
* Flexible Spending Account
* Monthly wellness stipend
* Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
* We're Integrated
* Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
* We're Funded
* GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
* We're Independent
* We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
* We're Vested
* You won't just own your work here, you'll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.