VP - Operations
CRST Dedicated West/Gardner Trucking in Ontario, CA
- Industry: Executive Management - Administrative/Operational Support
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $112,300.00 - 173,750.00 / Year*
Gardner Trucking, Inc. is an all-encompassing premium trucking company and logistics service provider offering services including Truckload, LTL, Dedicated, Refrigerated & Port Drayage transportation along with Warehousing & Storage services. The fleet of equipment includes dry, roller, curtain, and double-curtain vans, flatbeds and double flatbeds. Gardner Trucking, Inc has operations in multiple geographical locations. The Vice President Operations will be based out of the Corporate office in Ontario, California.
Reporting to the President, of Gardner Trucking, the Vice President, will provide leadership and oversight to the business unit. In keeping with CRST s strong operating orientation, the VP will be expected to improve operating margin through collaboration with team members, while ensuring tools, and support are in place to meet objectives in the near and long term. The VP will be instrumental in root cause problem solving analysis, solutions development and execution. The ideal candidate will have previous senior leadership experience within a similar business model, a proven track record of maintaining and growing customer relationships, negotiating contract agreements, be action oriented, possess the ability to handle multiple priorities and address present concerns while keeping an eye on future opportunities. The VP will accomplish all of this while embracing CRST s existing culture and core values.
Direct reports: Five (5) Regional Managers, Director - Priority 1, and Manager - Drayage Operations. Approximately 2,000 total direct and indirect reports
- Demonstrated ability to improve revenue and account growth.
- In partnership with the enterprise sales team, grow the business s top-line revenue by maintaining and growing customers relationships. While profitably implementing these new accounts, become personally involved with the existing customer base as appropriate and build strong, trust-based relationships with the main decision makers in those organizations.
- Provide inspired leadership and overall management to Gardner trucking.
- Continue to drive a coordinated, metrics-driven, results-oriented culture of accountability throughout the company. Find ways to grow and enhance a business unit with a strong foundation and the potential to do even more.
- Assimilate into the company and become thoroughly familiar with the culture, products, service lines, industry and the competition in order to capture market share and deliver on revenue and margin goals.
- Work closely with the President and senior management team to address potential strategic, tactical and operating issues in a forward-thinking manner.
- Provide professional management and leadership to the company, including mentoring and developing key senior management members and instilling best practices from a sales perspective. Motivate and inspire employees at all levels, creating a culture that thinks and wins as a team and works together toward shared success. He or she will attract, develop and retain the best team in the industry.
- As a key member of the executive team, bring ongoing marketplace experience to bear on commercial planning, including anticipating and reacting to the moves of key competitors.
- Ensure the company s focus and commitment to safety across the fleet.
- Travel as needed
- Demonstrated ability to improve profitability within existing operations along with revenue/account growth.
- A proven senior leader with at least 5 years of experience managing a respected multi-mode transportation company or division with $200 million or more in revenues.
- An understanding of both finance and operations is expected, but demonstrable success holding commercial leadership roles at the director level or above is required.
- The successful candidate will have led an organization through significant, profitable growth for a sustained period of time.
- Financial acumen, develop and execute on plans based upon findings.
- A bachelor's degree is expected.
CRST is an EOE
Associated topics: administrative staff, administrative support, asso, associate, beverage, front office, food, operation, operational support, staff
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!