Healthcare Internal Audit Manager - Valencia, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here:
At Crowe, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today's complex business issues. Crowe's accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our commitment to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a 'Best Place to Work.' We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!
LOCATION: Valencia, CA
Joining our Healthcare Consulting practice is an opportunity to join a dynamic and growing practice which has a passion for serving clients and our community. From day one of your career, you will assist our clients to transform their governance, embed risk in their decision-making, and arm them with insights that will make them stronger. We will enable an entrepreneurial and innovative environment for you to deliver transformative internal audit services and to develop deeply specialized skill sets demanded in today's market.
The Client Based Internal Audit Manager is responsible for execution of the internal audit process and results, delivering a high-quality internal audit product and communicating upward with the ability to balance the needs of the client with Crowe's business needs. Develops and maintains favorable working relationships with client management and governance in order to create a good understanding of the internal audit function, while remaining independent and objective.
The Client Based Internal Audit Manager will be specifically responsible for:
* Conducting an annual and on-going risk assessment process including preparing an Internal Audit Plan that focuses on high risk areas.
* Conducting independent and integrated internal audits and developing appropriate documentation and audit reports to support audit work performed and conclusions made.
* Effectively communicating audit results and providing recommendations to client management and governance in support of achieving their business objectives.
* Evaluating and testing controls across a variety of financial and operational processes.
* Seeking to further client relationships through quality service delivery and the successful execution of projects.
* Using technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services.
* Working on special projects and management requests
* Sharing leading practices with client personnel and leadership.
* Staying abreast of industry trends, new legislation, regulatory requirements and areas of interest for clients through both Crowe Knowledge Management resources and external industry research.
* Providing education to management and governance concerning organizational risks and their potential impact.
Educational and Professional Credentials
* Bachelor's degree required. Major in Accounting, Computer Information Systems, or Management Information Systems is preferred
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent; Accounting, Business or Clinical related area preferred.
* Professional Certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA or other approved certification; working toward or obtaining certification within two years of assuming position.
* Five years audit or related experience with three or more years of healthcare preferred.
* Solid analytical skills with the ability to look at the big picture impact and assess local and global impact.
* Executive presence; strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Strong technical skills, experience with spreadsheets, databases and an audit automated work paper system preferred.
* Experience with project management a plus.
* Travel as needed; this position requires a minimum of 10% travel
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
* Solid experience in planning and leading engagements, managing internal audit projects, supervising personnel/teams and developing audit work programs
* Understanding of commonly used internal control frameworks, including COSO and knowledge of audit methodologies and developing key internal audit deliverables
* Working experience with financial, business process and IT general controls is required
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact in a team environment and foster client relationships
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment either onsite at client facility, at a Crowe office or at home
* Willingness to travel as necessary
Build a Successful Future in Consulting
At Crowe, Consulting professionals provide thought leadership, process expertise, technology insight and help clients identify, assess, evaluate, and reduce risks. Our Consulting professionals serve large organizations across many industries in an environment where innovation and new ideas are highly encouraged. Through various programs, we provide you with learning and reinvention through high-impact formal and systemic training, including industry, solution, technology, and consulting training, as well as certification. You will be part of a strong global team environment with a fast-paced, challenging, and collaborative setting.
At Crowe, we know that great people is what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about what working at Crowe can mean for you!
How You Can Grow:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and aspirations. Learn more about where talent can prosper!
More about Crowe:
Crowe (www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
Crowe LLP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.