Employment Type: Full-Time
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Code: W66 - PR-Plumber
HR Title Group: Commercial Contracts (Facilities)
Salary Grade: N20
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: July 2021
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under general supervision the Plumber performs a variety of technical tasks related to installing, troubleshooting and repairing heating, water and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes.
1. *Installs, troubleshoots, and replaces all types of plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, toilets, urinals, flush valves, bathtubs, faucets, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water softeners, etc.
2. *Installs and repairs all types of water and sewer lines both inside and outside buildings.
3. *Inspects structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe.
4. *Locates and marks position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors.
5. *Cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe threading machine.
6. *Bends pipe to required angle by use of pipe-bending machine or by placing pipe over block and bending it by hand.
7. *Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings by using hand tools and power tools.
8. *Installs valves, pipefittings and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass and lead, and nonmetals, such as glass, vitrified clay and plastic.
9. *Joins pipes by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder and plastic solvent and caulks joints.
10. *Fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking.
11. *Studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of Installations.
12. *Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
* Advanced knowledge of the tools, equipment and materials common to the plumbing trade.
* Advanced knowledge of applicable plumbing codes.
* Basic knowledge of the mechanics of operation of equipment such as pumps, boilers, heaters and other plumbing components.
* Skilled in the installation, repair and maintenance of all types of plumbing systems.
* Five years of progressively responsible plumbing experience.
* General computer knowledge to operate word processing, spreadsheet and internet software applications.
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and to present information and respond to questions from vendors, customers, management, and others.
* Ability to build effective working relationships with staff, customers, and others.
* Knowledge of ISO 9000 preferred.
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance: •Maneuvering to and around equipment
* Bending, kneeling, stooping, and reaching
* Climbing stepstools or ladders
* Lifting and moving equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
Work is performed at a customer's location in office, shop, warehouse, or outdoor environment. May require driving to and from worksite locations. Equipment can be located in crawl spaces, rooftops, and outside facility. Employees may be exposed to hazardous and/or toxic substances, electrical shock, noise from equipment, and depending on external weather conditions, wind, rain, cold, and heat. Frequent travel is required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.#06022021