Pest Control Field Representative
Employment Type: Full-Time
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Pest Control Field Representative
Job Code: V88 - PR-Pest Control Field Rep
HR Title Group: V88 - PR-Pest Control Field Rep
Salary Grade: N18
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: January 2021
There are direct reports with this position.
Under limited supervision, the Pest Control Field Representative performs pest control activities, oversees staff activities in pest control, provides day to day guidance, plans, directs, organizes, and supervises pest controllers, applicators, and grounds laborers. Employees in this job class will assign and oversee service orders, routine and preventative maintenance tasks, schedule, supervise and perform work to assure established time schedules and quality of work are met. This job class requires knowledge of pest control practices, standards, supplies, equipment; and the ability to organize, schedule and supervise the work of staff in multiple locations. This position requires the supervisor to be licensed in the application of pesticides and herbicides.
1. * Performs structural pest control, animal control, mosquito and weed abatement projects at customer locations.
2. * Responsible for the timely and effective delivery of all services to all buildings and ranges.
3. * Prioritizes, assigns, and schedules job tasks, and adjusts schedules as necessary in response to season workloads. Oversees work activities and reviews work to ensure it is performed safely, on-time, and according to established procedures, regulations and guidelines while minimizing errors and safety risks.
4. * Coordinates, directs, organizes, and supervises the staff and ensures their competence and motivation through training, counseling, supervision, and performance reviews.
5. Provides staff work instruction and training in the area of safe and proper use of equipment and chemicals. Inspects the work of crews while in progress and provides direction and assistance to subordinates.
6. * Serves as an informational and technical resource regarding pest control services to field personnel and various customers. Manages schedule for departmental coverage and customer satisfaction.
7. * Conducts and participates in a variety of departmental and other meetings on a regular basis.
8. * Provides friendly and helpful customer service within the terms of the contract. Investigates complaints and recommends corrective actions, as necessary.
9. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
* A minimum of three years' experience in pest management operations;
* One year of supervisory experience preferred;
* Knowledge of relevant local, state and federal regulations regarding the following: agricultural pest control, spill response, personnel protection equipment including respiratory protection;
* Ability to effectively supervise and develop assigned team to meet production/service goals while adhering to safety policies and rules;
* Effective oral and written communication skills using appropriate business English;
* Demonstrated leadership, organizational, common sense and problem-solving skills;
* Human relation skills to build effective relationships with team and customers;
* Effective customer service skills; - Intermediate computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
* Knowledge of business English including vocabulary and spelling;
* Fundamental mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
* Ability to establish priorities and solve operational problems;
* Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
High School Diploma or GED
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Pest Control Branch 2
Pest Control Branch 3
QAL License or QAC Cert
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
* Answering phone/making calls
* Viewing computer screen/monitor
* Utilizing keyboard
* Maneuvering in and around equipment and the worksite
* May require standing, walking, walking on uneven surfaces
* Bending, kneeling, squatting, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, and shoveling
* Traveling to various locations within worksite
Work is performed primarily in the field, driving to and from worksite locations performing surveillance, treatments, and quality control. Equipment can be in crawl spaces, rooftops, and outside facility. Employees may be exposed to toxic substances where it is required to wear a respiratory mask which fits snug and close to the face. Additionally, employees may be exposed to noise from equipment, and depending on external weather conditions, wind, rain, cold, and heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.