Employment Type: Full-Time
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: HVAC Technician SRO
Job Code: W01 - J2-HVAC Technician SRO
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: January 2021
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under limited supervision, the HVAC technician installs, repairs, overhauls and maintains HVAC/refrigeration systems. Employees in this job class are responsible for operating, maintaining, and repairing all building mechanical equipment and building management systems to ensure operation is within its design capabilities and to achieve proper environmental conditions. This job class requires comprehensive knowledge of HVAC repair and maintenance including understanding federal and state codes, laws and regulations with regard to environmental and indoor air quality.
1. * Performs maintenance and service repairs on heating, ventilating, air conditioning systems and other designated equipment.
2. * Installs new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
3. * Operate and maintain energy management programs to ensure all systems operate in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs to a minimum.
4. * Identify, analyze, diagnose, and report on all building system or equipment condition and make recommendations on operational repair, replacement, or upgrade.
5. * Identify, analyze, diagnose, and report on all building system or equipment condition and make recommendations on operational repair, replacement, or upgrade.
6. * Perform all housekeeping functions to maintain a professional appearance of equipment and assigned maintenance spaces.
7. * Prepare routine records and reports.
8. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
* Three of more years of experience in HVAC/refrigeration equipment installation, repair and maintenance experience;
* Knowledge of operation, maintenance and repair of HVAC/refrigeration equipment;
* Skill in estimating time and materials;
* Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations regarding HVAC repair and maintenance for occupied spaces;
* Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests;
* Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English;
* Computer literacy to use business software, the Internet, enter data/retrieve data;
* Human relations skills to build effective working relationships;
* Demonstrated customer service, problem solving and commonsense skills.
High School Diploma or GED
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
* Maneuvering to, in and around equipment
* Bending, kneeling, stooping, and reaching
* Climbing stepstools or ladders
* Lifting or moving equipment up to 35 pounds
* Climbing ladders to gain access to rooftop equipment
* Monitoring computer systems and control displays
Work is performed primarily in the field, driving to and from worksite. HVAC equipment is located in crawl spaces, rooftops and outside the facility. Technicians may be exposed to toxic substances, electrical shock, noise from equipment and depending on external weather conditions, wind, rain, cold and heat. Frequent travel to various worksites is required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.