Forms Designer I
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Forms Designer is responsible for designing new or updating existing substitute tax forms based on the Federal, State, or City tax agencys form specifications. The Form Designer will also be responsible for working with the Software Developers to obtain approvals for each tax form from the corresponding Federal, State, and/or City tax agency prior to the release of the software.
* Access state, federal, and city websites to download latest version of forms supported.
* Assist tax analyst in filling out compliance letters for state and federal agencies.
* Design, revise and produce detailed documents and forms by following standardized guidelines and templates provided by the Federal, State, or City tax agency.
* Proofread text and review design elements thoroughly prior to substitute form submissions.
* Work closely with development team and ensure proper compliance of supported forms.
* Prepare electronic and/or overnight mail submissions.
* Obtain form approvals from the various federal, state, and city revenue departments to meet product deadlines.
* Perform a variety of clerical duties, i.e., copying, faxing, and filing.
* Follow CrossLink and National Association of Computerized Tax Processors (NACTP) standards for developing substitute tax forms and documents
* Represent CrossLink as a liaison between programmers and revenue offices
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
* 1-2 years of professional form design experience (or similar position).
* Thorough understanding of word-processing and form design software (e.g., Adobe LiveCycle and Acrobat Pro, Jet Forms, and MS Word).
* Adobe LiveCycle preferred
* Expert proofreading and grammar skills with great attention to detail.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to effectively present information to coworkers and management.
* Able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
* Able to work independently and with a team
* Outstanding organizational skills