RF Applications Engineering Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Wolfspeed (Cree's Power & RF division) is one of the world's leading suppliers of gallium nitride (GaN) on Silicon Carbide devices for Communications Infrastructure and many Aerospace and Defense applications such as Radar. Our business is growing rapidly and is in need of an RF Applications Engineering Manager for our Communications Infrastructure team. The primary focus of this role is to manage a worldwide team of applications engineers to support the design in activities of our products with our customers.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
As the RF Applications Engineering Manager, you will fulfill a highly visible and critical role in our organization. You will interface internally with product development, technology development, marketing and product line managers and engineers. Externally you will work closely with our customers and the global field applications engineering (FAE) team.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
* Provide dynamic leadership in the planning and execution of applications support projects.
* Strong interpersonal intelligence must be shown in all aspects of project execution interactions with team members from multiple design centers and organizations.
* With a strong understanding of system-level requirements you will provide feedback to the wider organization improving technology and product development activities.
* Lead the design and development of Doherty amplifiers using state-of-the-art GaN transistors
* Key liaison between our customers and our technology and product development organizations, ensuring customer feedback is driven back into the organization
* Collaborate and seek commitments from internal resources required to achieve project objectives.
* Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to improve technical support to our customers.
What you need for success:
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
* 5 years' management experience with 3 years in RF semiconductor product development
* Demonstrated ability to work within schedule constraints
* Experience with technical customer communications
* Excellent communication and team skills
* This position requires the lawful ability to access technical data, information, and areas controlled by United States export control laws and regulations.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
* Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with a focus on RF
* 10 years' experience with at least 5 years in semiconductor product development
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.