Trust Accounting Associate, TV
Employment Type: Full-Time
The primary responsibility of the Accounting Associate is to ensure timely invoicing and collection of client payments. Responsibilities will include basic accounts receivable/account payable duties, follow-up on client monies/outstanding invoices, data entry, billing. The Accounting Associate will also create and manage spreadsheets in Excel format that are customized to client needs and requests.
* Review contracts/bookings reports to ensure accurate information is inputted into the accounting system
* Investigate held checks or wires with client team to submit missing bookings
* Help agents and assistants with coordinating booking report submission questions
* Perform other accounting tasks as requested by Supervisors and management
* Escalate collection of missing booking reports, to Trust Accounting Supervisor, if no response in the defined timeframe
* Maintain communication with agents, assistants, managers, attorneys, studio contacts and the trust department
* Follow-up open items where agent is no longer at CAA but resolution is needed
* Perform month end close tasks for A/R - book revenue according to the revenue recognition policies and closing schedules are updated
* Maintain the monthly analysis of all general ledger accounts relating to commissions and Accounts Receivable
* Manage the monthly reconciliation of other A/R related accounts (such as unapplied cash, unclaimed credits, clearing, accrual, bad debt)
* Perform accurate monthly billing adjustments, and the handling of billing questions and discrepancies
* Support the accounts receivable budget process by providing information and identifying variances; implement corrective actions
* Conduct monthly training for new agent assistants, including familiarizing them with trust accounting functions, as well as how to submit bookings
* Responsible for identifying and collecting on past due balances while maintaining positive relationships with our customers/clients
* Support with special projects, company initiatives and/or process improvements initiatives
* Collect/upload profit statements/update booking/invoicing supplier grids
* Bachelor's degree required; Must have 1-2 years Accounting experience
* Entertainment experience is preferred
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work well with a team and represent the culture of the company
* Team player with a high level of energy, enthusiasm
* Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage conflicting priorities
* Ability to succeed in a fast paced, highly demanding, high volume, dynamic, corporate environment
* Unimpeachable integrity and can be trusted to maintain confidential information
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
* 10-key by touch
* Typing - 45 wpm
* Good organizational, critical thinking, and problem solving skills; able to multi-task
* Will take initiative; ask for more work if needed
Please provide complete and legible information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for employment.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the 'Company') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally -recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please inform the Company's Human Resources Department if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.