Data Governance Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who We Are
CAA represents many of the most influential creators, performers, athletes, and brands around the world. From Academy Award-winning directors to franchise players to new media startups, clients rely on CAA to represent their interests, provide expert guidance, and create new opportunities.
Founded in 1975, CAA has offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, Munich, Beijing, and beyond. Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds, but all share an entrepreneurial mindset and the belief that a respectful, collegial work environment is a prerequisite for success.
CAA is a service-driven organization. We serve our clients in teams, ensuring that they benefit from the expertise and connections we offer across the entire company. We also believe that this collaborative approach makes CAA a better place to work
As the manager of the newly formed Data Management Office in the Product Management team, you will report to the head of Product Management, and will lead CAA's data quality and data management efforts, supporting all global business units and all business domains (Motion Picture/TV, Music and Sport). Responsibilities will include:
* Create master data associated with the business domains in which CAA operates
* Define the master data required for a process/system to perform a task and identify the most appropriate source of data
* Recommend creative solutions to resolve issues in data quality and metrics
* Create business process flows and data mapping
* Lead the definition and implementation of data governance policies, processes & controls to promote quality and compliance
* Maintain a backlog of data governance implementation issues and support the Product Management team in prioritizing these issues
* Ensure compliance with CAA's data management policies
* Collaborate with the Data Engineering team, Product Management team and business users to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated, understood, and followed
Leadership & Collaboration
* Lead a team of data stewards for their day-to-day activities, and embed a culture of continuous improvement
* Act as a product manager for our in-house data management application
* Collaborate with product managers and product owners in business units to rationalize data needs and define authoritative sources of data
* Help embed a data-driven mindset across the organization (e.g., mentor and educate data users on data management processes and policies)
You have a minimum of eight years of experience in data management in an enterprise setting.
This is a management role. While we are open to considering new managers, we'd like to know about your previous management experience.
As a manager, you will act as a 'player/coach' and will therefore be expected to execute data quality and management tasks for the business domains in which CAA operates, along with your team.
You have experience supporting compliance operations related to GDPR, CCPA and other regulatory requirements.
It is helpful to have experience in the sports, media, and entertainment fields, but not required.
You have experience working with transactional databases, reporting and analytical environments. An understanding of data modeling practices (SQL and NoSQL) is required.
You must have experience with work planning using an agile approach; we manage the flow of work using Kanban and would expect you to be familiar with these tools and methods.
You are detail-oriented, and you can exercise creativity in researching data issues. You understand the nuances of US and international business corporate hierarchies and have some experience with customer data management in an enterprise setting.
You have excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
You are curious and have a great ability to learn, especially about new business domains and workflows, and you are eager to expand your areas of expertise.
You are passionate about documenting data management standards and ensuring consistency within your group.
As someone entrusted with sensitive company information, you consistently work to protect CAA's systems and data through your security awareness and discretion.
Where you will work
This position will work remotely but must be able to work typical office hours. Occasional travel, including company meetings and events, is expected.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.