Senior Registered Nurse - Mental Health
Employment Type: Full-Time
What We Offer
The County of Ventura offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, subject to eligibility requirements, that includes:
* Educational Incentive for completion of: 2.5% for an Associate's degree, 3.5% for a Bachelor's degree, or 5% for a Master's degree.
* Certification Pay: $0.813 per hour based on scheduled work week hours for each qualified certification up to a maximum of five (5) certifications.
* Evening Shift Differential - 7.5%
* Night Shift Differential - 15%
* Weekend Shift Differential - $1.50 per hour
* Continuous County Service Incentive Pay: 1% for 7 years, 1.25% for 12 years and 1.5% for 17 years
* Preceptor Pay - $1.00 per hour
* House Supervisor Pay - $3.00 per hour
* Charge Nurse Premium Pay - $1.50 per hour
* Float Nurse Premium Pay - $2.50 per hour
* In-House Registry Pay:
* Non-overtime is 1.75 times base pay
* Overtime is 2 times base pay
Standby Premium Pay - ¼ of regular hourly wage or Federal minimum wage (whichever is greater)Flexible Credit Allowance: Biweekly contribution towards medical, dental, and/or vision insurance from authorized plans.Pension Plan: Participation in the County's defined benefit plan.Under general direction, provides clinical supervision and coordination of mental health nursing services on a designated shift.
Registered Nurse-Mental Health positions are distinguished from other nursing classes in that incumbents deliver mental health nursing services and develop and maintain competence in community mental health practices. Incumbents are expected to work at the full scope of their licensure providing clinical care with a decreasing amount of supervision commensurate with their experience. Senior Registered Nurse-Mental Health is distinguished from Senior Registered Nurse-Mental Health Acute Care in that the latter is responsible for the clinical supervision of mental health nursing services on a 24-hour basis and for coordinating nursing services with interdisciplinary functions during assigned shifts.
BILINGUAL INCENTIVE: Some positions may be eligible for bilingual incentive depending on the applicable memorandum of agreement and the needs of the department. In order to qualify for this incentive, incumbents in eligible positions must take and pass the applicable bilingual fluency examination.
DEPARTMENT/AGENCY: Health Care Agency - Ambulatory Care
Senior Registered Nurse-Mental Health is represented by the California Nurses Association (CNA) and is eligible for overtime compensation.
The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill current and future Regular (including Temporary and Fixed-term), Intermittent, and Extra Help vacancies. For this position only, which is a Regular position.
OPENING DATE: July 6, 2021
CLOSING DATE: Continuous and may close at any time; therefore, the schedule for the remainder of the process will depend upon when we receive a sufficient number of qualified applications to meet business needs. Examples Of Duties
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
* Plans, with a multi-disciplinary team, health service programs to meet the needs of mentally ill patients in ambulatory care settings; initiates and conducts regular evaluation and revision of the nursing personnel and functioning in the Behavioral Health Integration program through ambulatory care;
* Implements nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation of care, evaluation of patient responses and revision of plan as needed);
* Assists with program planning, evaluation, and review; develops and assigns a staffing pattern which facilitates implementation of the service program; assists with the recruitment and hiring of nursing staff;
* Orients new nursing employees, students, volunteers, and other professional groups;
* Evaluates and provides clinical supervision to nursing staff in areas of employee development, work performance, and in the development and implementation of effective treatment plans, proper medication procedures, proper use and maintenance of equipment and effective relationships with other staff members and agencies;
* Assists in budgetary planning and evaluation;
* Supervises the field placement of students from various health training programs;
* In individual units, may render expert, direct service to a regular caseload of patients and their families;
* Provides consultation, information, and education to other concerned individuals, groups and agencies;
* May provide direct, expert emergency mental health service to persons in crisis and their families;
* Provides information, education, or consultation to other social services agencies, law enforcement and community referral resources; and
* Performs other related duties as required.
These are entrance requirements to the exam process and assure neither continuance in the process nor placement on an eligible list.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, and EXPERIENCE
Requires four (4) years of full-time professional, registered nursing experience, including two (2) years of full-time experience in mental health nursing-- with one (1) of those years in a charge nurse capacity. In addition, some of the required experience must be in the assigned area of specialization.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
* Must possess and maintain a current, valid license as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of California
* Must have a current, valid Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) certification by first day of employment
* Depending upon area of assignment, additional specialty experience and/or certification(s) may be required
* Bilingual skills in English and Spanish..