Surgical Technician - Inpatient/Outpatient
Employment Type: Full-Time
ABOUT THE POSITION
The County of Riverside's University Health System (RUHS) seeks candidates for permanent and per-diem Surgical Technician positions within the medical center in Moreno Valley.
About the positions:
* Inpatient and outpatient surgery opportunities
* In-patient shifts start between 6:00 and 10:00 am with occasional on call nights, weekends and holidays.
* Outpatient Surgery clinic is generally Monday through Friday
* New and experienced Surgical Technicians encouraged to apply
* Completion of a Surgical Technician Program Required
Surgical Technicians assist Registered Nurses and other patient care team members in planning for the patient's surgical intervention; perform the scrub role and other perioperative related duties as required.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
* Arrange sterile setup for surgical procedures; Pass instruments, sponges, and sutures to surgeons, Registered Nurses and surgical assistants; Prepare sterile supplies, assist in cleanup of the operating room.
* Check placement and operation of equipment; Check and restock operating room.
* During surgical procedures incumbents may be responsible for special trays, grafting materials and recording patient data.
* Checks schedule for times and types of operations.
* Verifies patient's identity when applicable; Checks for the presence of bridgework, contact lenses, prosthesis, implants and personal items i.e. clothing, jewelry.
* Verifies any patient allergies, NPO status and whether or not patient has voided (when applicable);
* Assembles necessary supplies, instruments and equipment for surgical intervention; conducts equipment checks and labeling and reports malfunctioning to the Nurse Manager or Assistant Nurse Manager;
* Monitor and apply aseptic technique throughout the intraoperative period; Closely monitors the operative field and reports any breaks immediately.
Knowledge of:Medical Terminology; Aseptic Techniques required in a surgical setting; Supplies instruments and equipment used in surgical interventions; Proper patient preparation procedures; Medical and patient safety needs.
Ability to: Understand principles of proper body alignment and assure their application during procedures; Assist the Registered Nurse and Medical Doctor in carrying out surgical intervention; Meet patients' physical and psychological needs; Properly assemble and care for instrument trays and other equipment; Establish and maintain effective working relationships and nursing and medical staff and others.
Education:Completion of a Surgical Technician Program (verification of completion must be submitted at the time of application and/or interview).
License: Possession of a valid California Driver's License may be required for this position.
The County has a Veterans Preference Policy. Upload a copy of your (or your spouse's) Member-4 Form DD-214 (or NGB-22) indicating dates of service, and a copy of your spouse's letter of disability (if applicable) with your application. For privacy reasons, it is recommended that you remove your social security information from the document(s). A Human Resources Representative will review the materials and determine if you qualify for veterans' preference. See the policyhere(Download PDF reader).
This recruitment is open to all applicants.
Applicants who are current County of Riverside employees and/or current employees of the Riverside University Health System may be considered before other applicants depending on the volume of applications received.
Qualified applicants may be considered for future vacancies throughout the County.
BASED ON THE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED, THIS POSTING MAY CLOSE WITHOUT NOTICE.
Include relevant work experience details on resume and/or application.
Applicants who fail to provide information demonstrating they possess the position requirements may not be considered further in the application process. A description of job duties directly copied from the job classification or job posting will not be considered.
Upload a copy of any license(s), official/unofficial transcript(s), degrees, and/or related employment documents to your NeoGov account. If your education was completed outside of the United States, you will need to provide a copy of your Foreign Education Equivalency evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE).
Condition of Employment
In accordance with the California Department of Public Health Order dated August 5, 2021, health care facility workers who work in indoor settings where care is provided to patients or where patients have access for any purpose must be vaccinated against COVID-19 as follows: first dose of a one-dose regimen or second dose of a two-dose regimen, by September 30, 2021. Consideration may be given to candidates who are in the process of completing their vaccination regimen.
The Order allows for workers to be exempt from the vaccination requirements by providing the facility with a declination form signed by the individual stating either of the following: (1) the worker is declining vaccination based on Religious Beliefs; or (2) the worker is excused from receiving any COVID-19 vaccine due to Qualifying Medical Reasons. Workers who are exempted from the vaccination requirements must observe all other infection control requirements, including face coverings and regular COVID testing at the frequency required by their work site.
A requirement of employment is to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or a completed COVID-19 Vaccination Declination form (filled out by the candidate and their medical provider as appropriate), during the pre-employment process. Failure to submit the required documentation may render a candidate ineligible to move forward in the process.
Recruiter contact: Angela Levinson firstname.lastname@example.org#06022021