Administrative Services Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Definition and Class Characteristics
Interviews will be held December 10 through 14
Nevada County is seeking an Administrative Services Officer to support its Housing & Community Services and Public Health Departments. This is an advanced level management position where individuals, under general direction, plan, organize and direct the provision of administrative services of these two departments of the County. More importantly, the Administrative Services Officer provides administrative support to the department director in assigned programs. Other vital duties include:
* Identify, analyze, and recommend solutions to various administrative and fiscal problems.
* Review and analyze applicable state and federal legislation for departmental impact.
* Coordinate the preparation and present the annual budget, quarterly budget updates, and fiscal forecasting for each Department.
* Manage grant reporting and auditing requirements of various funding sources.
* Review and approve financial adjustments, journal entries, purchases, and contracts.
* Conduct special projects and administrative studies, preparing reports of findings and recommendations.
* Attend various Board, Commission, Committee and other governmental and professional association meetings; prepare agenda items for the Board of Supervisors.
* Develop time and cost studies of departmental operations and recommends changes to promote more efficient production.
* Confer with representatives of other agencies on administrative services problems.
The Housing & Community Services/Public Health Administrative Services Officer is an integral part of the County's Health & Human Services Agency Administration team whose mission is to protect lives, promote health and wellness, and provide support and services to help Nevada County residents meet their basic needs and to enhance the quality of life in our community! This position is crafted for individuals who have a Bachelor's degree with major course work in business, accounting, or a related field plus three years of administrative and fiscal management experience with at least two years at the level of an Administrative Services Associate with the County of Nevada. The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge and experience with grants, is a collaborative leader, and is enthusiastic about joining a fast-paced team!
This position is full time and fully benefited. The County of Nevada offers an extensive benefit package including, but not limited to, CalPERS retirement, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, and an FSA. We also offer flexible schedules to our staff!
Why Nevada County? Our leadership values employee development and engagement, promotes open and transparent communication, sets us up to be a high-performing organization, and recognizes our contributions. Our leadership connects with the community, listens to them, and provides important programming to keep us safe and healthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Interested in joining our team? Read the full job description here.#06022021