Senior Accounting Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we're translating vision into reality by tacking new and exciting challenges head-on. This is breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You'll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
We're looking for an energetic and talented individual to join our growing team as a Senior Manager, Accounting. In this newly created role, you will help drive the 'engine' of finance and accounting including the close cadence, enhance systems and processes, and ensure effective policy and control The ideal candidate will have strong leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and a 'can do' attitude to drive results.
* Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, coordinating with revenue and other teams, reviewing and preparing where appropriate detailed journal entries and account analyses. Interact at all levels and with other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient, and accurate month-end close
* Review and/or prepare financial statements flux analyses
* Responsible for hierarchy and scalability in chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements
* Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
* Implement new accounting pronouncements
* Develop and maintain effective internal controls for areas of responsibility
* Develop and maintain Accounting Policies for areas of responsibility
* Be a proactive liaison with external auditors to drive completion of audits
* Evaluate processes, and drive system implementation and enhancements including upgrades and implementation of business systems
* Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
Our ideal candidate will have:
* 9+ Years of Experience (with 2-4 years of Progressive Management Experience)
* 4+ years of public accounting experience and experience working at a public company
* Strong understanding of GAAP and internal controls
* Impeccable attention to detail
* Ability to meet stringent deadlines in a fast-paced environment; demonstrates sense of urgency and should be results driven
* Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership with focus on continuous improvement.
* Demonstrated ability to foster customer service disposition and sense of professionalism for self and team.
* Strong project management skills and able to work independently and effectively within a team environment
* Ability to effectively present information to internal and external audience
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase's HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We're committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you'll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you're a new grad or a proven expert, you'll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
* DBTA Readers' Choice Awards: Best Database Overall and Best In-Memory Database
* 2020 Bay Area Best Place to Work
* Wealth Front Career-Launching Companies List 2020
* Couchbase Named a Leader: Forrester Wave Big Data NoSQL Report
* Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2019
* Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startup 2018
* Big Data 100: 35 Coolest Data Management And Integration Vendors
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Candidate Privacy Notice